The Security Consultant (CS) use their existing strong technical skills and experience to develop a strategic and pragmatic view of enterprise security. Working on multiple different projects provides exposure to different industries.
Through exposure to clients and peers from executives through senior management to engineers and technical practitioners, Consultants will further develop their existing proficiency in written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate complex technical issues to business and technology contacts alike.
They must be proficient with supporting multiple stakeholders and providing quick responses and timely follow up to their needs and inquiries. The SC must be a quick learner and have the natural ability to think on their feet in high pressure situations providing technical details acting as an industry subject matter expert
* Deliver a range of security consulting services to Corsaire’s clients based in the UK and overseas, both remotely and on-site, as part of a team and as project leader.
* Develop existing Client relationships for the mutual benefit of Corsaire and its customers.
* Engage in pre-sales activities to increase Corsaire’s market penetration into new clients and sectors.
* Enhance the reputation of Corsaire within its Clients, together with the Information Security and wider technical communities.
* Proactively contribute to the development and maintenance of Corsaire’s tools, systems and documentation.
* Delivery of general Security Assessment projects, including infrastructure, application and mobile security assessments.
* Security assessment of a variety of other environments, including wireless technologies, telephony, control systems, physical audits and social engineering.
* Candidates will become competent in working with Corsaire’s infrastructure, technical tools, systems and methodologies to enable the delivery of quality client and internal deliverables.
* Develop and maintain expert knowledge of emerging technologies, legislation and standards in the IT security sector, and help shape the industry through active participation.
* Contribute to and participate fully in technical discussions and service developments within Corsaire.
* Promote the Corsaire brand and skills within the local, international and online communities.
* Develop new and existing client relationships at a personal and corporate level to grow Corsaire’s client base and revenue
* Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
* Report and escalate to management as needed
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Scientific, Engineering or Technical Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or recognised IT qualification/ certification and experience.
* Has worked in a client facing consultative environment (either with internal or external customers).
* Strong prioritisation skills and ability to manage own workload.
* Knowledge of security assessment and audit tools, techniques and methodologies (aka penetration testing, ethical hacking).
* Good knowledge of network protocols and services (e.g. OSI model, IP networking, TCP/IP familiarity, HTTP, SMTP etc.).
* Working knowledge of a *NIX based operation system
* Basic programming experience (e.g. assembly, shell, scripting, 3GL, 5GL.)
* Familiarity with standard Office software (word processing, spreadsheets, project management tools).
* Understanding of cryptographic concepts and technologies.
* Experience of commercial and public domain security tools and software;
Firewalls, IPS, content management, anti-malware etc
* Strong project management and prioritisation skills
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.