Home Based (Willing to travel to Nottingham occasionally)
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis are looking to recruit a DevOps engineer to work on their Cloud-based, high volume, high-transaction rate systems, that supply data to the Insurance Industry. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual with a passion for DevOps technology to join a highly experienced team in our Nottingham office. The team has a great ethos, works very collaboratively and supports each other
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of cloud automation (IaC) and systems administration, with a willingness to apply those skills to manage complex database technologies. As part of our projects you will get exposure to database technologies such as Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL and Amazon RDS, and in conjunction with DevOps practices support our large-scale, highly-available, sharded, cloud-based database systems.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Utilize Infrastructure as Code and scripting technologies to orchestrate complex big data systems and dataflows.
* Undertake research into new or alternative technologies and make recommendations for upgrades or changes to the systems and database infrastructure
* Responsible for installation of new database infrastructure and equipment and monitoring its stability
* Undertake thorough impact analysis of all assigned infrastructure activities and understand the impact of work on database infrastructure systems and the business
* Resolve performance issues with an emphasis on root cause identification
* Perform tests of upgraded and new database infrastructure and equipment
* Responsible for maintenance and “bug fix” activities for existing infrastructure and equipment
* Respond to issues and support calls in-line with relevant procedures, including security
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting languages such as Python, Perl and Bash
* Previous experience supporting production database systems or developing database related codebases is preferred.
* Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Terraform) would be a distinct advantage
* Previous AWS/Cloud experience is not essential but is a strong advantage
* Experience in taking initiative on projects to find solutions that fit with existing infrastructure and working processes.
* Strong understanding of infrastructure, maintenance, administration, and design
* Exposure to Agile methodologies and ITIL processes a distinct advantage, as is any exposure to Jira or similar project management software.
* Ability to complete root cause analysis on system issues
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.