2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer Desktop needed for an IT organisation based in Weybridge who are looking to employ an experienced 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
The successful 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer Benefits:
* Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 per annum
* 22 days holiday + bank holidays
* Performance based bonus (Addtional increase for every year of Service up to 25 days)
* Company pension
* Technical training
* Perkbox employee benefits
* Company mobile & laptop
Some of the main duties of the 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer will include:
* This role will include shift work on a rotational basis every 6 weeks which will include: x1 Early (07:00 to 15:00) x4 Normal (09:00 to 17:30) x1 Late (11:00 to 19:00).
* Additional shift allowance for rota based work
* Providing 2nd Line technical support, responding to incident and service requests from customers by telephone, email and monitoring system alerts.
* Take ownership of technical issues and see Incidents through to successful resolution
* Excellent troubleshooting and fault-finding skills
* Good customer service skills
* Good telephone manner, typing and grammar
* Communicate with customers as required – keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
* Perform vendor and management escalation of customer issues in a timely and appropriate fashion
* Good knowledge of supporting MS Office applications
* Ability to work independently, flexibly and with initiative.
In order to be the successful 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following skills:
* Experience supporting MS Windows
* Experience supporting MS Office
* MS Windows Server – Active Directory
* MS Exchange
* Supporting MS Office 365
* CISCO Networking Switches
* Virtulisation – VMWare
* Backup Software – Backup Exec, VEEAM, Acronis
* Anti-Virus/Firewalls – Sophos, ESET
* Cloud exposure – Google, Box, Azure, 365
* Web filtering – Mimecast
* MUST have a Full UK Driving License + own transport.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.
We will contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.