Oxford – Onsite (5 days per week)
Contract role – 3-6 Months (possible extension)
Pay £400pd – £450pd (outside of IR35)
This is a very exciting role working on a project with The University of Oxford upgrading their Wi-Fi access points. They are looking to increase their capacity from 3000 to 30,000 access points across the University in Oxford.
The MNS Network Engineer will be responsible for the installation, configuration, management, support, and operation of the University's central wireless system and some of the services and devices that run in conjunction with it.
The successful candidate will also undertake the wide variety of work that is associated with the various networks we manage.
Key tasks include, but not limited to:
* Help bench test Juniper Mist access points on customer sites prior to installs;
* To assist third party installation engineers with Wi-Fi issues encountered;
* To validate Wi-Fi installs and provide sign-off for customer sites;
* To help provide 2nd line technical support (when required);
* To manage the handling/tracking of Wi-Fi issues and feature requests with manufacturer and managing expectations with end users;
2nd Line Wi-Fi support experience.
Strong and recent experience in using Ekahau for:
Predictive / Desktop
Passive / Desktop design
Passive and active surveys
Troubleshooting RF Issues
Strong attention to detail;
* Ability to accurately follow procedures;
* Strong customer service, organisation and time management;
* Strong network and excellent IT knowledge;
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position