Venesky-Brown’s client, a public sector organisation with offices in both Edinburgh and Glasgow, are currently looking to recruit a User Researcher for an initial 3 month contract on a rate of £240/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will initially be remote based.
* The User Researcher role is responsible for leading and delivering user research encompasing activities across all users including all staff, the organisation’s stakeholders and Scottish citizens.
* The post holder will work as part of a wider multi-disciplinary Service Transformation Team and work closely with designers, analysts and developers to improve services for users ensuring the delivery of accurate findings to influence decision making across all levels of Service Improvement, transformation and design within the SBU and for customers across the organisation.
* Plan, manage and execute field and desk based user research according to the business and individual project needs, providing actionable user insights to enable decision making across service improvement, development and change projects
* Lead on facilitating the Service Transformations Team’s adoption of a wide range of user research methods, advocating for and applying the principles of the Scottish Approach to Service Design
* As a point of expertise provide specialist support and advice to colleagues on options and recommendations and application of appropriate user research methods and tools to assure best practice and ensure that research findings are robust, actionable and suited to the overall aims and objectives of the project or programme.
* Plan user research for projects/services with challenging user needs and complex user journeys. Plans research sprints and obtains information about users and their needs in a timely manner
* Ensure appropriate inclusion and representation from different types of users / user groups across research activities
* Develop user research colleagues as well as enable continuous knowledge exchange across the broader directorate in offering mentorship, supervision and support where appropriate to wider team members
* Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced team members, wider colleagues and project team members to help improve their understanding, identify training needs and adopt user centred practices and embed them into their work
* Experience in a user research or service design role.
* Experience leading user research discovery design, planning and management for service change and/or digital developments.
* Knowledge of a range of user-centred design practices in addition to user research.
* Experience of managing multiple user research projects concurrently.
* Experience leading and directing the end-to-end design, delivery and reporting of all research applying governance and continuous improvement to all activity.
* Overseeing complex projects that deliver user driven outputs that influence change and improvements.
* Proven experience of supporting the planning of a user research project and choosing appropriate user-centred design research methods.
* Proven experience of identifying and communicating user needs that feed into the design of products or services.
* Sound understanding of relevant national strategy and policy drivers in relation to national health and care priorities.
* Working knowledge of project and programme methodologies including ‘Agile’.
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of using a range of appropriate communications and engagement methodologies.
* Proven experience of presenting user research findings in a wide variety of formats and contexts.
* Highly developed influencing, negotiating, presentation and facilitation skills.
* Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Proven skills in managing and motivating staff to achieve results and provide an excellent customer-focused service.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.