We’re looking for a superb Technical Lead to join us and share your superpowers! You’ll set the direction and act as the technical expert in one of our Agile development teams, working in our office in West Yorkshire.
How you will spend your time
You’ll generally be part of an established Agile (Scrum) team. While Scrum teams don’t officially have leaders, you’ll be able to use your experience to offer support and advice to other members of the team.
The work involves delivery of a wide array of bespoke customer projects – you might be working on anything from the next generation of TV streaming box to a new embedded Internet-of-Things device that might sit at the heart of the home of the future.
Our customers value our expertise and industry experience, so they will look to you for advice, feedback, and solutions to a variety of technical problems. This means you’ll need to be knowledgeable, approachable and adaptable; stepping in to assist proactively, wherever you see a potential bump in the road.
This is a highly visible role within the business and, as well as helping others, you’ll have significant opportunities to train, develop yourself, and to progress your own career at Consult Red.
Where You’ll Work:
This role is based in our Shipley, West Yorkshire office, which is a few miles outside both Leeds and Bradford in the North of England. It’s a great place to live and work.
Compared to much of the country, house prices and rents are affordable, and we can offer a relocation package to successful candidates who are moving to the area.
From time to time you may be asked to travel to other Consult Red offices (in Poland and the USA) or customer sites, but you will spend most of your time in the Shipley office.
What you will need to bring
* Really strong, hands-on, software engineering experience
* Great knowledge of modern software engineering techniques – such as object-oriented design, unit testing/test driven development, CI/CD, use of code analysis tools
* You are likely to have experience of developing in languages such as C++ or Java, but you’ll also be comfortable with the idea of learning new languages and technologies quickly
* Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams
* Experience mentoring and supporting other engineers on your team. While this doesn’t need to be in a formal management/leadership capacity, you will be a “people person” and a very strong team player, and you’ll know how to encourage a team to achieve it’s technical goals and hit deadlines
* A desire to grow your career – you’ll be the sort of person who is always up for a challenge, interested to learn new things and gain new experience
* A flexible, can-do approach
* Outstanding communication skills; you’ll be confident discussing technical matters with both technical and non-technical people
Desirable Tech Skills
Experience with any of the following is useful, although not required – ability and willingness to learn is just as important.
C++11 / STL or frameworks such as Qt • Embedded or mobile Java, JNI • Linux development / kernel / driver / networking code • Android / AOSP development • RTOS • GCC / GDB • TDD and Unit Testing frameworks such as Google Test / Mockito / JUnit • Software development for consumer electronics, Internet of Things, or TV • Audio, Video & TV standards • Networking protocols and standards including TCP/IP, Wi-Fi, UPnP / DLNA, HLS, MPEG-DASH • Cloud development for AWS / Google Cloud / Microsoft Azure • Agile / Scrum / Kanban • UML • Use of planning tools e.g. Jira, MS Project
What you will get in return
* A competitive salary which will grow with your career.
* A twice yearly company bonus scheme.
* Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learning from talented colleagues.
* A flexible approach to work and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
* 25 days’ holiday as standard, rising an extra day for every year you stay with us up to a maximum of 30 days.
* Free on-site parking, rail season ticket support, and a cycle to work scheme.
* Relocation assistance for those moving to the area.
If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, apply today and we’ll be in touch really soon
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.