Office Depot has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Architect to join the growing team in our UK office in Milton Keynes. The role is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better – whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Benefits of joining us:
– An attractive and competitive salary
– Excellent benefits scheme
– Generous holidays
– Free onsite parking
About the role:
As our Technical Architect, you will be required to create and maintain agile, reliable and cost-effective technology footprints on which to host solutions as and when required by business. You will also lead and contribute to the implementation and maintenance of Office Depot‘s strategic platforms.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Technical Architect:
– Align IT Strategy with the organization’s business goals and long-term strategic planning for the organization’s systems
– Optimize architecture approaches through an understanding of changing business needs and innovative technology capabilities to provide improved information management and commercial insight for business
– Complete and document proof of concepts to solve the business needs
– Promote shared applications and infrastructure to drive harmonization and integration of scarce IT resources to improve information capabilities and reduce cost
– Define policies, standards, and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation, and use of Information Technology within the organization
– Establish long term Risk & Compliance objectives for IT organisation through the development and adoption of formal and effective policies and procedures and provide, coordinate, and monitor compliance services of the IT organization
– Drive medium to complex changes to existing policies and processes, requiring a medium amount of new investment
– Gather requirements and communicate with nearshore teams
What we are looking for in our ideal Technical Architect:
– Academic degree with relevant experience in business-focused IT environment
– An experienced solution architect with strong implementation experience of a number of IT platforms
– Understanding of how to integrate eCommerce platforms with a corporate back office fulfilment product
– Java development background for example Spring, Ajax, Mavern, etc.
– Understanding of Agile (Scrum), Test-Driven Development models, Continuous Integration, build and deployment utilities, and best coding practices are preferable
– Experience building an Event-Driven Architecture focussed on microservices and streaming technologies
– Ability to quickly learn new concepts and convert into customer solutions
– Direct customer facing and implementation delivery experience
– Experience with web technologies, application servers, middleware, enterprise application integration, databases, security, performance, and scalability
– Strong collaboration skills and team working approach
If you would a role where you are responsible for working with technical architects, business analysts, and other developers to deliver the highest quality solutions via cutting edge technologies, this might be the role for you.
Click apply now to be considered for the Technical Architect role and take your next step towards a career with Office Depot
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.