Site Reliability Engineer – Banking
An exciting opportunity exists for a Site Reliability Engineer at a leading bank. Our client is currently working on building a digital team focused on transforming the banks engineering capabilities within the bank. There will be a specific focus on infrastructure software engineering, testing and site reliability.
Duration: 6 months rolling
Daily rate: Markets rates INSIDE IR35
* Have demonstrated experience developing infrastructure software and expertise in the set of foundational development tools in use (Git, Gitbub, Jenkins, Mulesoft, Ansible, Puppet, PowerShell, Python.
* Have a strong background in IT Infrastructure operations and recovery
* Demonstrated expertise in applying end to end monitoring with a number of different tools.
* Demonstrated expertise in Log Aggregation and Analytics using Splunk. Knowledge of tools such as ELK preferred but not essential.
* Have working knowledge of a much broader set of infrastructure technology and be able to advise on appropriate use cases for the technology.
* Understand why the wide scale adoption of automation and APIs will increase the agility of application development teams, and be able to share this vision in a simple and accessible way.
* Be well versed in agile methods
* Have practiced team development and have the ability to develop a coaching plan for a team
* Be comfortable teaching hands-on engineering skills to people with varying technical backgrounds.
* Work with globally distributed teams.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, apply now for an immediate review
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.