SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER / BRISTOL (HYBRID) / UP TO £75,000 PER ANNUM
A fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer, to join a fast-growing business.
In 2019, our founders were working as engineers solving complex cross domain problems in defence and security organisations. TwinStream was formed to consolidate their collective expertise and experience into one business, providing technical excellence and exceptional service to their clients. The business is headquartered in Cheltenham with teams working both on-site with clients and remotely from home.
Our cross-domain services are used in high profile government organisations. The demand for these services continues to grow in both scope and scale. We are seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to help satisfy that demand. As an SRE you will be responsible for ensuring the availability, performance, and cost effectiveness of these services.
You will be working with multiple feature development teams and the BAU/Support team to define and evolve our cloud & on-prem infrastructure & delivery pipelines, improving system observability, demonstrating performance and capacity improvements and proactively identifying and mitigating reliability risks.
This is a hybrid role, where you may be required to work onsite in Bristol. Applicants must be at least Security Check cleared or be eligible for, and willing to become, Security Check cleared to be considered for this role.
What’s on Offer?
* Highly competitive full-time salary of £65,000 to £75,000 depending on experience.
* Pension – 8% pension plan.
* Learning and Development – A £1,000 training budget to help with your development.
* 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays.
* Every quarter, we hold a meeting involving all team members from TwinStream – this allows us to meet up, chat about all things TwinStream, and enjoy team building and company updates.
* Christmas and summer parties to celebrate our successes.
* Opportunity to lease an electric vehicle via salary sacrifice
* Health and Well-being – Access to workplace Mental Health First Aider
* Life assurance
Key Responsibilities of the Site Reliability Engineer:
* Collaborate with Software Engineers to improve reliability and performance in their subsystems.
* Partner with System Administrators in automating toil and eliminating alerts.
* Evolve observability and monitoring capabilities to identify and solve problems before they impact the business.
* Support development environments to help us achieve our delivery and quality goals.
* Research and evaluate technologies, tools, and services to influence buy-vs-build decisions.
* Develop expertise in diverse technical and business domains.
* Expand your knowledge of the technical stacks used.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Experience using modern configuration management tools (such as Ansible, Chef or similar).
* Experience working with Terraform.
* Experience working with docker containers & container orchestration tools (such as Kubernetes, OpenShift or Docker Swarm).
* Experience both using and maintaining CI / CD tools (such as Jenkins or similar).
* Experience with monitoring tools such as InfluxDB, Prometheus or Grafana.
* Experience of event-driven integration with MQ messaging (RabbitMQ or similar AMQP solution).
* Good understanding of relational databases and SQL.
* Linux command line, administration, and shell scripting.
* Working knowledge of network security protocols.
* Experience using, developing, and maintaining cloud hosting services (ideally AWS EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda).
* Industry experience of writing well-tested code in one of our platform languages (Java, Go, Python or similar).
* Knowledge of cross domain principles & technologies.
* Experience of working in a service management environment.
* Creating and monitoring system availability metrics and using those to drive work that reduces downtime.
If you have the drive and experience to be successful in this Site Reliability Engineer position, we would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW for immediate consideration