Do you want to work for a progressive employer who values diversity and development? If so, read through our fantastic Network Engineer opportunity.
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) along with Revenue & Customer Digital Technology Service (RCDTS) are embarking on an ambitious and meaningful digital transformation programme which will result in HMRC becoming one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
Revenue & Customer Digital Technology Service (RCDTS) was setup in 2015 as a subsidiary of HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Officer Group and has one of the largest customer bases in the world.
Network & Communications Services
The Senior Network Engineer role sits within the Network Infrastructure delivery group which is made up of 5 areas of networks from project and architecture to operational support teams. Our Network Delivery group support and maintain every aspect of the network including 200+ sites and 1000’s of network devices that make up the HMRC network.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will provide second and third line support to the business. You’ll be responsible for handling a personal workload to investigate, solve, diagnose and resolve incidents and problems across multiple network and security technologies. We want you to lead on assessment of new technologies and new services, mentoring (intermediate and associate) Network Engineers to develop and improve skills levels and capabilities.
Essential and desirable requirements
* You'll lead and handle investigations allocated by Network Operations Manager.
* The Senior Engineer will liaise with other HMRC and supplier teams
* You'll perform rotational on-call duty for incidents that occur out of business hours
* Effective awareness and management of risk within the NOC and feeding into wider delivery groups
* Attend technical meetings, change advisory boards, service reviews when required.
* Participate in activity to maintain network tooling, ensuring network is actively run and capacity and performance management conducted
* Crate and maintain user documentation, including process procedure and work instructions, following the internal quality framework
* An understanding of ITIL 3 framework
We expect that you will have as a minimum:
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
* Cisco Certified Network Expert (CCIE) written or in-progress
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional or advanced Checkpoint certification
You’ll need to have extensive experience of supporting some of the following technologies in a large corporate/government network:
* Check Point/Fortinet/McAfee Firewalls
* Encryption devices (AEP/L3 Catapan)
* Internet Proxy/Content Checking
* WAN Optimisation (Bluecoat)
* Network Load Balancing (Cisco/F5)
* Intrusion Detection (IBM)
* Wireless technologies
* Cloud (AWS/Azure) technologies
* BMC Tooling
* Detailed Network Packet Analysis
* We expect you to have SC clearance or be willing to obtain it.
* You will work a two-week rotating shift pattern:
* 07:00 – 15:00 Mon-Fri -Early Shift
* 12:00 – 20:00 Mon -Thu/11:00 -19:00 Fri – Late Shift
We don’t make you jump through hoops and want to make our recruitment process as straightforward as possible. If you are successful at the sift stage, you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.