Do you enjoy working with a high degree of autonomy, writing robust code, productionising your models, and sharing best practices across the team?
At loveholidays we have 4.5 million visitors each month and process half a trillion holiday packages every day. In 2019, before COVID, we were the fastest growing company in the UK, and processed a booking every 47 seconds. In 2021, we want to continue our growth!
Our data science infrastructure is hosted on Google Cloud Platform. In our team, we deploy and manage our processes ourselves including provisioning using Terraform and Kubernetes. We have a strong engineering culture and we focus on improving our machine learning systems.
We are looking for a candidate with certain characteristics.
• A strong higher degree in mathematics, science, engineering or computer science or another related technical or numerical discipline.
• Proven ability to apply data science and machine learning techniques to commercial problems.
• Experience with different programming languages and a good grasp of at least one – Python, R, Java, C, C++
• Experience working with open-source machine learning libraries.
• Highly proficient in SQL.
• The ability to explain complex solutions in a clear, understandable way to the business.
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform infrastructure.
• Experience with Bayesian statistics.
• Experience building production-grade machine learning pipelines.
• Experience with advanced analytical techniques for time series data.
• Commercial acumen, including knowledge of marketing and eCommerce/travel websites.
• Experience mentoring junior team members.
• Knowledge of MVT, A/B testing techniques and analysis.
You will have a set of responsibilities that come with the role.
Responsibility for the full project flow, from identifying machine learning opportunities through to delivery:
• Researching, model prototyping and offline validation.
• Implementing production pipelines (with support from tech teams where necessary) and coordinating A/B testing as appropriate.
• Acting as the subject matter expert for data science applications.
• Conveying the data science viewpoint to get to a common consensus with other internal stakeholders.
• Ensuring that the team is effective at delivering projects at high velocity and quality; finding new and innovative ways to shorten key processes.
• Ensuring that best practice is shared and followed across the team.
• Prioritising workload to ensure that expectations of internal stakeholders are met and analytic resources are focused on the most valuable activities.
• Engaging with stakeholders to help build the roadmap of work.
• In return, we believe we have something great to offer.
• competitive salary
• challenging problems to solve, heavily discounted holidays for you and your family and friends (trust us we have some great hotels)
• high degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
• biweekly journal club
• opportunities for mentoring and pair-programming
• regular career and development reviews
… and much more
You may have experience of the following: Client Data Analyst, Data Analyst, Support Data Analyst, Data Analysis, Technical Support Analyst, Account Manager, Account Management, Data Manager, Database Manager, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.