A prominent NHS Trust requires the above on a fixed term contract basis.
Responsibilities will include:
* The management of large IT projects for the development and implementation of information systems to meet identified business needs in the context of the Trust’s Information Management & Technology strategy and business plans.
* Planning, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
* The methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes, and the information they use.
* The definition of requirements for improving any aspect of the processes and systems and the creation of viable specifications in preparation for the construction of information systems.
* Presentation of systems analysis and other complex project issues to Senior Management and users in order to negotiate resources and/or to realize the potential benefits of alternative business process designs.
* Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and execution of one or more projects, actively participating in all phases.
* Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project, presenting viable mitigating actions to Project Boards.
* Effectively estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to an agreed scope.
* Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to senior IT and user management as appropriate.
* Responsible for the delivery of projects within agreed costs, timescales and quality, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
* Manages the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors.
* Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and that their skills and experience are developed. Actively represents the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
* Assesses and evaluates complex technical and business solutions, producing formal proposals or recommendations to Senior Management.
* Ensures that own projects are closed effectively and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
* Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate operational requirements and problems, contributing to improvements in information systems, data management, processes/procedures, organisation and equipment.
* Analyses the underlying issues arising from investigations into requirements and problems, and identifies available options for consideration, including investigating systems used elsewhere. Presenting proposals to senior management and users.
* The creation of high-level specifications in preparation for improving any aspect of the processes and systems (e.g. the construction of information systems).
* Assessment of the costs and potential benefits of the new approaches considered, including the risks, costs and potential benefits of alternative business process designs.
* Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Educated to degree in a scientific or technical subject or equivalent experience
* Project Management qualification to PRINCE practitioner level or equivalent experience.
* Five years working in an IT environment.
* Experience in the estimation of costs and management of a budget
* NHS experience desirable but not essential