Our client is the world leader in technology, developing high-performance software and hardware products for the entertainment, engineering, and life science industries. The tech is a crucial measurement tool for biomechanics, robotics, and cutting-edge science.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Project Manager to work within the Development group. The individual will take responsibility for multiple development projects (software and hardware) and will have project management experience preferably using agile techniques.
Working closely with Development and Product managers they will oversee the development of new products. In addition, there will be the opportunity to take project ownership for major technical upgrading and maintenance work for existing products as part of the continuing commercial development of the business.
Work with technical leads, product managers and team members to define a project scope and achievable schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; ensuring cross-platform requirements, stakeholder input and on-going maintenance/technical debt considerations are included
* Deliver assigned project(s) to full project closure, tracking timescales, reporting progress to the Programme Manager and contributing to department progress reports
* Understand and communicate impact of unplanned work
* Manage multi-functional project risks and issues and provide suggestions on to how to correct deviations from plans
* Organise and lead project status meetings
* Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
* Drive backlog refinement and Jira project maintenance. When required, writing success criteria/tickets for approval from Product Manager and development team
* Ensure project team is carrying out relevant technical meetings to discuss and review their delivery of capabilities
* Support Product Managers to perform delivery planning for assigned projects
* Support cross-department links to ensure all aspects of the business are engaged in successful delivery of projects
* Undertake lessons learned reviews for completed projects ensuring that improvement actions are taken forward into new projects
* Be able to demonstrate project management experience of leading development projects.
* Ideally the individual will have experience of both software and hardware development life cycles models including management of concurrent streams.
* Knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
* Sufficient level of technical background to be able to objectively evaluate project risks and issues.
* Be a highly effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
* Have a structured and logical approach to problem solving with the ability to influence others.
* Demonstrate successful team working skills with a proven track record in matrix management.
* Have previously developed strategies for project delivery and demonstrate flexibility in their approach with a resultant positive contribution made to business performance.
* It is also desirable that prospective candidates have experience and/or familiarity with the following:
* Software and hardware test management and QA processes
* Jira and Confluence software from Atlassian or alternative development productivity tools
* Effective communication and presentation delivery using MS Word and PowerPoint
* Hold a recognised project management qualification such as Prince 2 practitioner or certified Scrum Master
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.