Understand the in-house developed Product Data Management application (Msys.PDM):
* It's interaction with other Msys 'core' applications, application functionality, defined business rules and workflow processes, item data stored in Msys.PDM (item number, item description(s), item schemas & attributes, UoM, Makers Reference(s), Cross References etc.)
Understand the change management process (in accordance with client/supplier instructions):
* Item supersessions (including 'types' & 'grades'), associated & related items.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Analyse client’s item technical data to ascertain the optimum method of deployment in Msys.PDM and our client web-deployed catalogues (Msys.EPC)
* Look for process improvement and/or efficiencies in data loading and data maintenance
* Ascertain the optimum structure in the PDM/EPC systems to assist the client’s end-users to find the right parts as quickly as possible
* Manually and bulk-load item data to Msys.PDM (across the full range of TVS SCS clients)
* Change-manage the lifecycle of an asset/item in Msys.PDM
* Provide assistance to the Technical team to resolve customer enquiries (arising from historical item information, product build information and design change requests)
* Investigate supersession items which may require research into the original designs (compared to new designs)
* Provide assistance to other TVS departments in order to resolve manufacturing, stocking and quality queries
* Liaise with client representatives to resolve queries relating to item technical data
* Provide assistance to third-parties using the PDM system (as-and-when required)
* Using the workflow process in Msys.PDM, quality assure item data created by third-party PDM users prior to promoting them to a ‘released’ status through to ERP.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
* Good communication skills
* Must be numerate and have a good command of English
* PC skills essential
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Attention to detail
* Ability to use a common-sense approach to data structures
* Qualified to HND standard (or above).
* Previous experience in handling technical data and management of that data
* Building relationships with Suppliers and/or Purchasing
* Understanding Hazardous Goods and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) information
* Previous experience interpreting bills of material would be advantageous.
* Achievement and drive
* Building relationship
* Decision making and judgement
* Customer focused
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.