Nicholas Howard is delighted to be recruiting for a DV Cleared Oracle Database Administrator for a leading defence sector client. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s leading organisations in this space, and work on a variety of defence, cyber and intelligence programmes.
The opportunity will provide you with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, while also enjoying a strong work life balance. To ensure this, our client offers a flexible work schedule, hybrid work and a comprehensive benefits package to enable you to live a healthy fulfilling life in and outside of work. The business offers a 4 day working week, excellent salaries and highly competitive benefits packages.
Initially focused on delivering bespoke leading edge software solutions to Cyber and Intelligence customers, this role will be part of a DevSecOps team responsible for delivering software changes and enhancements to Programmes across the portfolio.
Key skills/attributes that we are looking for:
* A solid knowledge of Agile software development, Oracle Database development, and an understanding of Java and the software development lifecycle is required.
* Natural curiosity and imaginative problem solving skill. You might be the person who is described as having ‘outside the box’ thinking
* Experience of working using Agile development principles and methods
* Capable of self-motivation and direction, able to work flexibly with minimal guidance
* Confidence and ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences on sometimes complex issues
* An active Enhanced DV clearance, or the ability and willingness to undergo the clearance process
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Contribute to architecture design, and develop software to critical security systems
* Bring your imaginative, creative thinking and problem solving skills to the team and contribute your ideas to ensure we deliver innovation to our customers
* Your curiosity will see you research new technologies for use and adaptation in programmes and R&D projects
* Take requirements and transform them into appropriate software design and code
* Identify and employ suitable software modelling and development tools and techniques
* To investigate issues arising in production systems or during testing and to provide solutions
* Collaborate with your colleagues and manage your time effectively to support requirements capture and testing of software, and to ensure an integrated approach to meet cost and schedule targets
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients across all levels of the organisation both internally and with the customer
* Support customer demonstrations of current change work as it is developed
* Any additional programme related tasks assigned that are within area of expertise, competence and skill set
Candidates must be eligible to go through the vetting process required for DV level security clearance – please check and ensure your eligibility prior to applying