Software Technical Lead
Provectus Recruitment are currently partnered with a leading scientific organisation based on the outskirts of Cambridge, that focus on development of next-gen scientific applications used for automating research, centred around biology, chemistry & fluidics.
This business is an SME, that offers flexibility, exposure to modern and cutting-edge technology development, as well as an empowering work environment & interested project.
This person will effectively lead all Software related engineering, focusing on development of desktop embedded systems & applications, covering the entire Software Development life cycle from concept to completion. The software and systems created, will be used within hardware applications used for scientific research.
* Plan and co-ordinate all software projects / technical activities
* Write technical specifications
* Working with, communicating, and presenting technical data across the wider business
* Take lead on all design reviews, taking opportunity to improve systems architecture
* Provide technical leadership across multi-disciplined technical teams, encompassing: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic & Software engineers
* Embedded code for hardware development
* Software development for desktop applications
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have several years’ experience in a professional Software Engineering environment & should show competence and ability to lead Software related projects from concept to completion.
This role would suit someone that has a good level of experience & is considering a steady approach into a role with more leadership responsibilities.
* Good & relevant technical academics, and/or considerable time-spent in a professional software engineering environment
* C#, C++ (Python, Linux, Java beneficial)
* Experience developing desktop & embedded applications
* Experience working in a test-driven environment
* Worked with an Agile framework environment
* Flexible working, remote working (ideally based close to Cambridge, UK)
* 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
* Private Health Insurance
* Competitive pension
* Cycle scheme etc
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.