Buro Happold has an exciting opportunity for an IT Systems Manager to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for quality, compliance and delivery of IT software and systems across the practice. The role is not a hands-on, technical role – you will be responsible for delivering a global service and managing technical specialists.
This is a permanent role, combining office and home working and can be based in our Bath, Leeds, London, or Manchester office. You’ll be expected to be in the office at least 2 -3 days per week.
You will also be a member of the IT Management Team and take ownership of IT projects and initiatives across the department as required.
Here at Buro Happold, expect the exceptional.
From the projects you will work on to the clients we work with. From career-defining opportunities to an inclusive and diverse practice where we all contribute to a more equitable world. From our reputation to our relationships. Wherever your Buro Happold career takes you, it’ll be anything but ordinary.
Your next role
Join us and be surrounded by exceptional opportunities in an environment alive with innovation and possibility. Your new team has a willingness and curiosity to see possibility and potential in everything – from the most iconic projects to our everyday conversations.
Buro Happold has a clear strategic plan, strong learning culture and entrepreneurial mindset that will allow you to thrive.
You’ll be part of something bigger than us all where sustainability, equity, social and performance outcomes matter. All of Buro Happold is committed to doing the right thing, even when that’s the hardest thing. This is a genuine opportunity to make impact – and leave real legacy.
* Line-manage members of the IT Software and Systems Team.
* Manage escalations and expectations and prioritise the team’s pipeline of work.
* Communicate with regional IT teams and the IT helpdesk to enable a global service (including managing support tickets assigned to the Software Team).
* IT Management – contribute positively to management meetings and lead IT projects and ensuring all IT policies are appropriate, considering regional variations and are updated.
* License management and compliance.
* Risk Management – identify and own risks as required.
* Supplier performance reviews and improvement plans.
* IT Governance – audits and reporting.
Your skills and experience:
* Able to build relations with senior staff, anticipate their needs and provide a high-quality service to customers in all regions.
* Highly organised – Able to create project plans and deliver within the IT Project Management Office.
* Resilient – Can adapt and re-prioritise as requirements change. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrix-style management environment.
* Has working knowledge of IT principles (ITIL, networking, telephony, Windows OS, Microsoft 365).
* Shows initiative in seeking out business problems and uses resources and knowledge to provide appropriate solutions.
* Excellent communicator (written and verbal). Able to create high quality documents tailored to different roles and interests.
* Analytical and detail oriented. Takes responsibility for the output and quality of the Software Team.
* IT Management in a global organisation.
* Asset management (software, laptops, and mobile devices).
* Project Management and delivery through teams.
* Soft skills – Able to listen and empathise, anticipate stakeholders’ concerns, and influence decisions and drive actions.
* IT Governance, Risk and Compliance.
* Degree or equivalent professional experience or IT qualification (e.g., ITIL).
What we offer
Bring your knowledge and expertise to one of the world’s most respected consultancies.
* Hybrid working arrangements.
* Attractive salary and benefits package including car allowance, private medical insurance, life assurance and income protection.
* Holiday entitlement of 25 days per annum (exclusive of bank holidays) and flexible holiday arrangements.
* Enhanced parenthood leave policies.
* 3pm finish on the last Friday of the month.
Ready for something a little less ordinary?
Apply now to start your career journey with us