IT Support Engineer – 2nd line
Salary – up to £27,500 + benefits
Due to internal promotions my client, based in Caerphilly, are looking for an enthusiastic and pragmatic engineer to join their growing support function.
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer, your main responsibilities are as follows:
* install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
* monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
* talk clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
* troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
* provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
* follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
* support the roll-out of new applications
* set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
* respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
* work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
* prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
* rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
* test and evaluate new technology
* to work to a standard that maintains the companies ISO 9001/27001 accreditations.
* to uphold eIT company values at all times.
The ideal 2nd Line Support Engineer will possess some, if not all, of the following attributes:
*Previous Helpdesk/IT Support (telephone/remote support) experience.
*Existing professional certification MCP, VCP (or working towards)
*Excellent telephone manner and customer service/Communication skills.
*Strong working knowledge of Wintel Client/Server Systems
*Experience of Firewall and Network Security Technologies
*Experience of Hyper-V, VMWare, SAN, NAS
*Experience with Microsoft 365 Administration / Migrations
*Strong understanding TCP/IP networking, including experience with routing, VLAN, VPN, Wireless.
*Experience of VOIP telephony systems.
*Automation and Scripting using PowerShell
* 'Hands on' approach and a willingness to learn.
*Flexible, pro-active approach (may be required to work away or unsociable hours to meet the needs of the business).
*Full Driving Licence and access to own transport.
If this role matches your skills and experience, please send an up-to-date CV to (url removed) or for more information call Aimee on (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.