We are currently looking for a IT Support Engineer to join a leading Scientific Software company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the IT Support Engineer you will be responsible for helping to manage current infrastructure, support the current workforce but also to plan and develop IT systems to support further growth.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the IT Support Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Maintain the existing network infrastructure, including Linux servers providing user authorisation/ authentication. Maintain existing Windows 10, Linux, Apple Mac's, Firewall devices and WIFI routers.
2. Support the IT Manager to plan future infrastructure changes that accommodate business growth ambitions.
3. Provide 1st and 2nd line support to business users – phone, email, Office 365, laptop/desktop.
4. Produce and maintain system documentation, processes and procedures.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the IT Support Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. 1st and 2nd line support of Windows desktop environment (proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role with hands on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
2. Experience or interest in working in the Life Sciences/ Pharmaceutical industry.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with day-to-day management of IT administration (asset, software register etc.) & Documentation (updating policies, technical guides)
Key Words: IT , Support , Engineer , Desktop , 1st line , 2nd line , Windows , Linux , Life Sciences , Pharmaceutical
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.