Android Developer – home based with office visits
£35,000 – c£50,000, DoE
MacArthur Recruitment is seeking an Android Developer for a successful client in the Lake District. It’s mainly home based with team based get togethers in the Lake District ideally every week for a day. It’s likely you’ll be based within approximately a couple of hours of the Lake District however.
Purpose of the role of Android Developer:
Responsible for the development and maintenance of our client’s Android software, as part of an Agile team who are focussed on creating and running ingenious technology that really makes a difference to everyone that depends on the software. The position offers a high degree of freedom to explore emergent technologies.
Your experience for the role of Android Developer :
* Android development experience with Java and ideally Kotlin (future)
* Experience of Google Cloud App Engine highly beneficial – which is written in Java
* App development, and maintenance of existing android tablet product – including good understanding of Android operating systems and Google Cloud backend.
* Experience of mobile device management software beneficial, with a view to managing large numbers of devices in field remotely for troubleshooting / updating etc
* Be the point of contact for understanding newer devices as they come onto the market, carrying out impact assessments and supporting getting new devices to market.
Responsibilities for the role of Front End Developer:
* Support, design and engineer software and products, to help the company help as many people as possible feel safe, connected and informed.
* Learn about, maintain and improve software and products used by the company and its clients, to ensure high levels of service availability and reliability.
* Research and evaluate new technologies, to create business efficiencies and bring about advantages to the company and its clients.
* Perform testing and create documentation for the software and systems used by the company and its clients, to ensure a high level of quality assurance.
* Communicate with other team members, stakeholders, suppliers and other third parties, to ensure the success of projects from scope through to delivery.
* Support other members of the company's technical team, to help them to be successful in their work and to learn new skills or technologies.
* Support the company’s operational team when technical incidents arise, to ensure minimal disruption and clear communication.
* Evaluate, improve and develop processes and tools used by the technical team, to effectively support engineering and develop processes.
Why work for our client as an Android Developer?
* Work for a company that looks after its people
* Full time role, with future opportunities
* Work from home, ideally weekly office visits
* £35,000 – £50,000 DOE
* 40 hour week
* 25 days holiday + BH’s
* Friendly, relaxed environment
For more information, or to apply for the position of Android Developer, please contact Ewen on ewen at macarthurrecruitment co uk , ideally with a copy of your CV, or call (phone number removed).
At MacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providing job-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
We don’t collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitor visitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, you will.
Any information you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely on our database and is shared with any potential employer only after you have given permission for us to do so.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.