IT Service Engineer
We are currently recruiting for the position of IT Service Engineer on a 1-year fixed term contract. You will be a key member of the IT team closely working with the Services team. The role is integral for improving the IT support for our Services team, maintaining clients’ data systems, clients’ systems commissioning, server procurements, networking management, enhancing security protocols and general IT support.
IT Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– Primarily focusing on providing 1st line IT technical support for the Services team with networking, VPN, databases, monitoring clients’ custom PCs, and to provide a high-quality IT support service.
– Procurement and supporting clients’ monitoring systems globally.
– Primary contact for client with network or monitoring systems related support.
– Configure, maintain, and support all WAN technologies including VPN, routers, and firewalls.
– Performing installation of server, network equipment, customised-built Linux PCs, and support visits on customer sites.
– Performing initial investigation and/or troubleshooting of system and network issues.
– Ensure all documentation including clients’ architecture diagrams, inventory, and support documentation is kept up to date and knowledge shared appropriately.
– There will be occasions where the role will demand variable working hours- early morning, weekend, and sometimes at short notice, and some travel overseas for up to 1 week depending on travel restrictions.
IT Service Engineer Requirements:
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an IT Service/Support Engineer or similar role.
– Good Linux skills, preferably Debian Linux- network configuration, package management, Apache, BIND, DHCPD, DNS, Open VPN.
– Experience with infrastructure admin, networking, and security protocols.
– Familiar with deployment tools.
– Ability to follow process & look for continuous improvements.
– Good troubleshooting, fault-finding abilities, understanding and troubleshooting of software applications and databases, and fault resolution on Linux based systems, and experience with modem routers configurations.
– Helpdesk experience and with good communication skills.
– Experience with database administration. Preferably with PostgresSQL.
– General IT support skills – Windows, SQL database, anti-virus.
About IPEC Ltd:
IPEC are a world class organisation in the Power Industry providing solutions in Substations by ensuring continuous availability and functionality of power in the systems. This is done with safe, reliable, smart and non-intrusive technologies that allow client assets function with zero-downtime for installations. Our solutions are innovative and span across Power needs in the Oil and Gas, Renewables, Solar and other Power networks. IPEC focus is on-line Testing, Monitoring, Detection and Location of Partial Discharge across the entire substation asset elements.
Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester
Hours: 1-year fixed term contract
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Benefits: Flexible working, free car parking onsite
You may have experience of the following: IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk, Service Desk Engineer, IT Helpdesk, IT Support, IT Support Technician, Systems Administrator, Technical Support Analyst, System Support Analyst, Technical Support, 1st Line Support, Support Analyst, Help Desk, System Engineer, IT Support Analyst, etc.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.