Established in 1860, the Donaldson group is one of UK’s largest, privately owned timber companies. The winning formula to date has been based on our commitment to a highly responsive customer service, embracing the latest industry technology and above all developing the capabilities and skills of our people. Today the group has nine Group Companies and a total staff of 1,000+ over 35 sites UK wide.
Provide first and second line technical IT support to internal staff. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills, require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of staff problems. These may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Coverage includes the HQ site at Glenrothes as well as remote users at other offices and home workers across the UK. Opportunities for role growth for the right candidate.
Central Scotland with ability to travel to Glenrothes, Fife, up to 3 days a week
* As part of a growing organisation, act as a point of contact for service desk tickets from staff regarding IT issues and queries
* To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
* Receiving, logging & managing calls from internal staff via telephone, email & service desk tickets
* 1st line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as mobile devices, Laptops, PCs and Printers
* Maintaining an IT Asset Database and track changes
* Troubleshoot basic network issues such as WAN connection issues
* Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure / ERP 2nd level support team
* Manage the Service Desk ticketing system
* Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
* Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff onboarding training if required
* To arrange for external technical 3rd party support where problems cannot be resolved in-house
* Participate in providing out of hours support on a rota basis for critical outage situations. Renumeration provided for periods of cover.
* Basic Active Directory admin knowledge for user creation / password reset
* Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10
* Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365 suite
* Office 365 administration (including Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
* Passion & enthusiasm for IT
* 2+ years’ experience working in an IT technical support environment
* Excellent people & communication skills
* Strong organisational skills
* Appreciation of wider business impact of IT systems and when escalation is required
* Incident Management experience –including managing business expectations & communication
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to work early shift pattern (7:30am earliest start, 5pm latest finish)
* Full UK Driving licence
* Cloud experience – Office 365 in particular
* An industry accreditation: Microsoft, ITIL, CompTIA, but not essential
* Experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Experience working with an ERP system
James Donaldson & Sons is a family-owned company valuing all colleagues, with a desire to provide colleague benefits that are truly valuable and valued by the group. Benefits include but are not limited to: 30 days' holiday, inclusive of Statutory Bank Holidays, Length of service awards, Cycle to work scheme, Company sick pay, Employee Assistance Programme, (24/7 helpline, counselling sessions, legal, debt and life management advice line) Colleague discount
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.