Our client is an award-winning and recognised Manufacturer based in Birmingham.
They are well established and backed by a $multi billion Fortune 500 company. There is R&D based in the USA and manufacturing sites across Canada, UK, India and China.
This role is responsible for the UK & Ireland with an opportunity to provide input to the US. In the UK there are 300+ users, a Technical Call centre (15 staff, managers and training staff) and a successful manufacturing team of excellence.
As IT Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing the current IT team of six (2 x Developers, 2 x IT Support and 2 x Project Managers) to fundamentally deliver and maintain the companies Transformation Strategy.
The current IT team is established and they build their own in-house systems, of which are supported by the internal Development team. There is scope across the board to assess what is needed and not needed in terms of skillset and experience and budget to use external help (i.e., Cyber Security) or recruit new staff in the medium to long term, once you have assessed what knowledge is available and actively participate in any recruitment.
A fundamental aspect of the role is to ensure that the talent and infrastructure within the business is fit for purpose for current and future transformative business objectives.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to:
* Effective people management skills to manage and motive the team to deliver core objectives and ability to develop and maintain a talent pool aligned to strategic objectives
* Working with the Agile Project Manager, align resources to work programmes and ensure skill gaps are identified and filled
* Deliver core IT SLA,s, managing help desk calls effectively and efficiently, progressing to fault resolution and root-cause identification/elimination
* Implement and maintain Cyber Security framework and policy – to include carrying out regular risk evaluations and tabletop exercises to ensure ongoing compliance. You do not necessarily need to be technically astute in this area, but nowhere to identify potential risks and nowhere to look.
* Manage external suppliers, ensuring contracts, SLAs and costs are effectively controlled
* Manage stakeholder relationships to align expectations to planned delivery
* Plan infrastructure improvement/upgrade work so that it is delivered with quality, on time and to budget
* To undertake equipment asset management and licence management in line with agreed business processes
* To manage and participate in an on-call roster and provide out of hours cover for key business activities
* To observe and comply with all Company policies including but not limited to Health and Safety, Ethics policy, IT Users policy and all policies and appendices within the Contract of Employment.
The successful IT Manager will be/have:
A credible technical background and be able to guide and support the team to deliver their core objectives on multiple fronts. This is a key role within our IT leadership team and it is expected that success will be achieved through effective collaboration with our Business Architect, SAAS Manager and Agile Project Manager in order to deliver an ambitious Digital Transformation Strategy.
* Proven experience of managing/leading a small IT team
* Ability to influence team, peers and stakeholders
* Ability to make an impact quickly
* Tenacious and determined to deliver under evolving circumstances
* Cognitive capability to support working within a fast-paced and challenging environment
* Ability to engage at all levels of a business
* £negotiable basic salary – (relevant to level of experience)
* A great working environment at their centrally located office
* Free breakfasts, fresh fruit and tea & coffee
* Pension to help you save for the future.
* Regular team social events
* Full training & development
* This is a unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant, agile and growing business.
* Location: Office based – Birmingham.
Please contact for a confidential discussion
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.