Overview of the Role
As Estate Management ITC Manager, you will be responsible for the on-going evolution, governance, and management of the Information Technology and Communications (ITC) Services across Battersea Power Station (BPS) technology and communications operations. One of the largest developments in London, your knowledge and guidance will have an immediate impact across all the teams involved in providing Services to the campus. A strong all-rounder who can take ownership and control over the existing Information Technology policies, process, procedures, operations, technology risk management and governance framework and act as an integral advisor to the surrounding internal and external teams
Description of Duties
The focus of the role will be in supporting the design, implementation, and management of the Landlords and Managing Agents IT systems, Communications systems & associated Infrastructures across the BPS operational asset. Managing the availability and use of these systems by commercial, retail and residential occupiers along with the management of our key partners and suppliers. The role holder is responsible for the management of the ITC function for the Managing Agent for the BPS operational environment.
A key aspect of the role will be working closely with external IT & Telecommunications service providers to ensure that IT and communications services, are well managed and that service partners and support services: meet business requirements, that Services are delivered in line with recognised industry good practices and contracted service levels, along with ensuring adherence to Battersea Technology policies, process and procedures and that adequate reporting is provided to demonstrate a well maintained and managed environment. All aspects of the Services delivered must will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure continuous service improvement and compliance
Relevant Necessary Experience
A deep knowledge of ITIL Service Design, Transition and Technology Service Operation principles is key as the Estate Management ITC Manager will design, implement and then govern the operation with appropriate management processes and governance frameworks, to ensure the smooth operation and provide appropriate reporting and audit artefacts as evidence to demonstrate adherence to best practises, security standards and service level reporting.
Background and Responsibilities
* Working with BPS and Savills, to maintain the Technology change control processes, to constantly review the process to ensure it is suitable for existing ITC systems and services.
* To bring new ITC Services and systems into production, via service transition, ensuring new services meet the expectations set out in the Battersea Technology policies.
* Maintain the Master Technology Services Catalogue
* Maintain control of the Estate Management Technology Operating budget and demonstrate best practise when procuring new or renewal of agreements for maintenance
* Maintain and operate the change management processes, reporting to the senior leadership team
* Maintain and evolve the suite of IT, Data Protection & Cyber Security policies, working closely with BSP leadership team and Savills management team.
* Manage the adherence to the Cyber policies and ensure these are maintained throughout change control processes and system /service lifecycle.
* Maintain the required documentation and reporting artefacts to support audit requirements on an evergreen basis
* Support BPS and Savills with supplier service review processes, Implement, monitor, and report on SLAs
* Take ownership of the equipment and service lifecycle management, present transition, and upgrade plans
* Analysing technical requirements and providing solutions for site IT infrastructure, including the assistance from an operational perspective to the development of future phases at BPS
* Manage the key ITC requirements, associated service partners and 3rd party suppliers to ensure the BPS operational development has good control of all aspects of the requirements for ITC
Support and Advisory
* Writing appropriate procurement documentation for and on behalf of the BPS landlord and Managing Agent teams and participating in procurement activities, reviewing service provider bids and assisting with supplier selection processes
* Supporting the Managing Agent and Client teams with ITC Mobilisation requirements for new services and new phases being brought into operation on the development
* ITC Strategy development
* ITC service delivery management
* Commercially aware & experienced in supplier selection and procurement processes
* Experience of building relationships with both clients and suppliers
* Project management experience
* Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to good practices
* Positive experience of managing full lifecycle operational ITC requirements
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
* Organised and methodical with good attention to detail
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the changes in the wider Battersea Power Station development.
– Excellent writing and literacy skills, in particular proof reading
– Excellent command of the English language
– Meticulous eye for detail
– Honest and forthright with the ability to challenge constructively
– Ability to act on own initiative
– Team player
– Methodical process orientated approach
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– A proactive and professional attitude
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.