Established in 2000, Modern Networks provides information and communications technology solutions and support to businesses nationwide. We take time to understand and anticipate the challenges facing our customers today. We partner with technology vendors including HP, Cisco, NetApp, Microsoft and VMWare to deliver market leading technology solutions which enable organisations to increase their business efficiency, improve customer service and reduce business costs.
The Project Engineer will deliver elements of technical projects across several customers, ensuring completion on time and to the customers quality requirements. Modern Networks projects vary in scale and size and can be anything from an entire IT infrastructure managed service, including Data Cabling, Connectivity, Wireless Solutions, Hosted Telephony and Desktop Services, to smaller projects such as onboarding sites with only a small number of users. Working within the Project Delivery Team, the successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering against Network, WinTel, Desktop, Applications and Unified Communications under the direction of project managers and project co-ordinators.
* Complete onsite visits to onboard new sites, install equipment and hand over to the customer
* Troubleshoot any issues with customer services during Early Life Support, a period of 5 days from closure of project to complete any mop up or snag list issues before handing over to BAU
* Ensure necessary technical, asset and site documentation is created, approved and stored appropriately in accordance with the Modern Networks Documentation and Records Management Framework
* Define opportunities for acceleration and suggests corrective actions where necessary regarding resource, costs, risk and schedule in order to achieve successful delivery
* Monitor progress against allocated tasks noting deviations and escalating where necessary
* Ensure accurate and timely information across all systems including status, time and expenses
* Attend regular project team meetings, ensuring appropriate actions are communicated and tracked to mitigate any risks or issues with associated activities
What you’ll get from us
* Great prospects – once you’ve got to grips with our systems and processes, you’ll have the opportunity to progress with us. We love a success story – our Chief Technology Officer started with us as an internal account manager!
* Knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun colleagues
* A career with room for your personal life in a work environment where everyone knows the value of a healthy work-life-balance
* Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion – we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger.
Sounds like you?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for delivering a world class service, you will find a home at here at Modern. Or if you’re still not convinced, drop us a line at recruitment@modern-networks – we’ll arrange an informal chat about the role
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.