An exciting new position has arisen for a talented Desktop Support Engineer to come and join one of the most prestigious firms based in Manchester. This role will be remote initially, during lockdown, with a view to going back to a Covid-19 secure office in the future. The interview process will be completed remotely.
A key role for the company, you will proactively receive, own, prioritise, document and resolve customer queries within SLA, ensuring a continual high-quality service is provided and that incidents (where appropriate) are escalated correctly.
You will look to build relationships with the wider IT team to ensure you are aware of new services being transitioned or changes made to ensure the service desk is prepared for any incidents.
The role requires excellent customer service, engagement and communication, to enable the effective delivery of operational service.
As a Desktop Support Engineer, your role is to provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, mobile devices, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance.
You will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. Ability to work without supervision is important, together with the ability to form a close working relationship with the IT Service Desk.
There will be an occasional requirement to support the 1st Line Engineers, as and when necessary.
To apply for this role, you must possess the following:
* Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to:
* Liaise with users in a non-technical way
* Communicate technical issues within the IT team.
* Problem Solving – Software and Hardware troubleshooting
* Ability to asses problems and Gather relevant information
* Logically troubleshoot to get Quality Results.
* Excellent technical knowledge of pcs and desktop/laptop hardware and software
* Windows 10
* Software support and rollouts
* Knowledge of windows tools that allow troubleshooting.
* W10 Build support
* Troubleshooting basic network issues with devices and remotes sites.
* Knowledge of basic support for routers and switches.
* Microsoft Office 365 support
* User and authentication support
* Exchange online support
* Skype/Teams support would be a benefit
* Working knowledge of AD
* User account management
* Group Policy troubleshooting skills would be a benefit.
Apply today to hear more details
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.