Hoop Professional Services have an amazing opportunity for a Data Engineer to join a global, innovative company that is a truly fantastic place to work! Working as part of a global team, you will be working on exciting projects such as building a pipeline for data to make it automated and repeatable. If you are an experienced Data Engineer who is interested in joining a team that will be delivering consistent, structured data products reliably to customers using a modern data stack then this could be the role for you!
This is a remote role, ideal candidate location will be within an hour of Bristol or Ross On Wye. The role offers flexible working hours.
* Analyse, organise and combine raw data from a variety of sources
* Build and document reliable and reusable data pipelines
* Emit metric and lineage data from data pipelines
* Implement data quality and integrity checks
* Prepare data products for prescriptive, predictive modelling and business intelligence
* Collaborate with data scientists and analysts on multiple projects
* Python, Scala, R
* Data pipeline tooling: Kedro, Spark or Airflow
* ETL tools: Matillion, or Azure Data Factory or Alteryx
* databases:MS SQL Server, Postgres, SQLite
* Cloud data warehouses: Either Snowflake, Big Query or Redshift
* Containers: Docker
* Deployment pipelines and CI/CD, Azure DevOps, Github Actions
* Strong communication and documentation skills
* An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
* Excellent judgement, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Full understanding of software development life-cycle best practises
* Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organisational skills
Education and Experience:
* Solid experience in an engineering capacity
* Previous experience working in an agile environment
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.