Cyber Security Consultant Role – Home based with occasional travel.
As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will be responsible for providing expert cyber security technical advice, guidance and support.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Production of formal deliverables such as accreditation evidence, security policies and operating procedures (SyOPs), risk assessments, and security assurance management plans. As a consultant your role will involve significant stakeholder engagement, liaising directly with the client, and working to programme deadlines.
• Understanding, assessing and articulating business and information risk at a technical and business process level.
• Reviewing the effectiveness of existing security controls and proposing proportionate security improvements.
• Support business development by: developing and managing relationships with our clients; meeting with potential clients to understand their business challenges and developing proposals to meet their requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Relevant experience in a cyber security related role.
• Experience of HMG and MoD Information assurance (IA) requirements: JSP440, JSP604, NCSC IA guidance.
• Experience of the MoD security accreditation lifecycle.
• Practical exposure to the development of system accreditation evidence within the MoD.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of Governance, Risk & Compliance.
• Knowledge of Industry standards and best practice for IT management and cyber security.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, manage own time and work to deadlines.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• CCP SIRA.
• Previous experience as a MoD Security Assurance Coordinator.
• Chairing and participation in MoD Security Working Groups.
• Experience of supporting the design and delivery of operational military systems.
• Hands on experience using the MoD DART tool.
• Working with suppliers and assuring security in their equipment deliveries.
• Working on a HMG multi-national equipment delivery programme.
• Knowledge of HMG/MoD TEMPEST requirements and standards.
• Experience of scoping and assessing output from IT Health Checks/Vulnerability Assessments.
Candidates must be:
• Ideally SC or DV clearance – if not, willing to undergo government security clearance process.
• Eligible to work in the UK and have the appropriate right to work documents.
• Willing to travel 20% of the time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.