Cyber Security Analyst
As a Cyber Security Analyst at Unipart – reporting to the Security Operation Centre Manager – you will be responsible for the continuous monitoring, configuration, and development of security systems and technologies that protect the company’s assets. Working with other members of the Security Operation Centre, you will be supporting the ongoing development of the function through the use of automation, threat intelligence and attack driven defence techniques. You will also be responsible for timely resolution of security incidents, requests and changes, following existing ITIL based processes and procedures.
Cyber Security Analyst Responsibilities:
• Monitor security access, security events and respond to alerts
• Support security incidents through identification, containment, eradication and recovery
• Ongoing monitoring, management and configuration of firewall and security systems
• Creation and modification of reports, dashboards and alerts
• Working with internal customers and managed service providers to address security configuration issues
• Completed threat hunting engagements
• Provide security advice and guidance to other teams within the business
• Development of automated workflows to minimise repetitive tasks and improve efficiency
• Ticket management for security incidents, requests and changes
Cyber Security Analyst Requirements:
• Experience of maintaining security systems such as Anti-Virus, Web Filters, Email Appliances, IPS and Firewall’s – 2+ years
• 2+ years’ experience of working with event log management solutions
• Good working experience of threat hunting and problem solving through the application of log data and the identification of patterns or trends
• Understanding of key industry principles (least privilege and layered defence)
• Excellent people skills including good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Previous experience with scripting languages (powershell, python and vbscript)
• Awareness of infrastructure and application technologies (Public Cloud, Linux, Windows, Cisco and Citrix)
• Incident response experience
About Unipart Group Limited:
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Location: Cowley, Oxford
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Salary dependent upon experience, but will include a car / car allowance
You may have experience of the following: Information Security Analyst, Information Security Manager, IT Security Manager, Risk Analyst, Security Analyst, IT Security Analyst, Information Security, Compliance Analyst, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology etc.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.