Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, Informa has over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
At Informa Connect, we believe that technology innovation, agile product creation and providing the market with continuous engagement and value is key to bringing content and people together.
Our aim is to inspire all markets and communities we service, to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, content, networking and media.
Leveraging 100’s of trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and access to market leading, global event where market specialist “celebrities” off up thought proving content and knowledge.
We are looking to bring on a talented and self-motivated Business Analyst who has operated within a cross-functional product development environment. You will be joining our Transformation Office and report to the Senior Business Analyst. The Transformation Office is responsible for providing overall technology guidance and governance, creation, delivery and implementation on new products, projects, initiatives, and strategies. You will help to discover, innovate, improve and deliver all aspects of the “change”, working closely with the Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager(s) both internal and externally supporting functions within group services and support.
What you’ll be doing:
Understand technology solutions connecting business, technology, user and customer requirements, collaborate with initiative/ product/ project sponsor
Facilitate the discussions to capture and document business requirements through discovery phases.
Convert requirements into user stories along, help to create and shape project plans.
User Stories – deliver and maintain a prioritised backlog of user stories as they relate to the “new” strategy/ product/ project/ initiative, covering functional and non-functional requirements, through stakeholder workshops and or discovery sessions
Help project sponsors and Product Owners to prioritise requirements and deliverables
Working closely with the business, Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and support functions, to ensure requirements are challenged, validated, and add business value and fit with competing business demands and priorities
Anticipate, identify, and manage risks & issues in accordance with programme policies, practices and statements, escalating risks & issues to the appropriate management level or committee as necessary
Create effective relationships between the Transformation Office and Informa Connect business units, as well as group shared functions and teams
Assist with User Acceptance Test (UAT) – collaborate with the Business Product Owner, Delivery Manager and SME’s to size the user stories/ requirements
Support the development teams through undertaking research and analysis to elaborate the user stories and business process
Work with the Development teams to size and endorse the stories
Capture, understand and develop the strategy, product, project or initiative in order to create and author the business case
Prepare relevant documentation and ensure appropriate reporting
Be instrumental in the analysis, design and building of critical platform, processes and the mapping of interdependencies
· 4+ years’ experience in a Business Analyst type role, preferably in the Information Technology space
· Ability to connect business, technology and user requirements to create technology solutions
· A technical person. You have experience with Agile processes and or Prince 2 or the learnt similar skills
· Ability to adapt quickly to rapidly changing technology and then use this technical knowledge to apply to business needs
· Excellent soft skills. Need to be able to demonstrate strong business acumen and ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders quickly
· Work with global business stakeholders to understand the commercial goals and drivers
· Out of the box thinker
· Technology evangelist, well aware of tools like Jira and Confluence
· Possess a strong belief in agile and lean thinking
· Able to work effectively and efficiently work autonomously as well as part of a collaborative team
· 25 days annual leave
· 4 volunteering days annually
· Day off for your birthday
· Pension contributions
· Medical insurance for self and dependants; life cover and personal accident cover for self
· Seasonal social and charitable events
· Training and development
· Blended style and flexi working time
· Right tools for remote working
At Connect we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Connect are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
* You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
* This role can be remote in the UK
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.