My client based in Leicester (Coalville) is looking to hire a 2nd Line Support Technician to join their organisation. This role will see you working in a fast based support team providing fast and effective IT hardware, software and systems support to the companies internal and external users.
The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* User support for bespoke systems – which can include analysing user issues, and implementing or advising corrections and adjustments,
* Perform routine business data amendments and requests within the bespoke systems
* Provide and advise on system functionality for both business systems and Windows based systems.
* Give technical support to the IT infrastructure mostly – Windows XP/Win7/Win10 PC and MS Office.
* Hardware break fix for UK laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, servers, network, telephony, barcode scanners, document scanners.
* Build & configure new/reused laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers &scanners as well as PC application installation.
* Manage incidents and request through call management systems
* Occasional cover for the 1st Line support
* Technical documentation, knowledge database and user manuals,
* Configure the telephony system ads well as support internal voice and data network.
In order to be successful in this role you should have:
* Solid 2nd line support experience for Windows Operating systems
* Experience supporting remote end users on the phone and remote access tools, as well as experience using incident and request call logging systems
* Experience in Windows 7/10 installation support and trouble shooting, MS Office 2007 plus support, Active Directory user and computer administration.
* Knowledge of basic networking skills as well as Hardware support skills for laptops, desktops and printers.
Any experience of SQL and SQL Server, Windows server support and trouble shooting ,Server installation and/or support, Active Directory Group Policy or Working in an ITIL environment would be highly beneficial.
This role is office based and involves the following shift pattern:
Role involves shift work – currently 4 shift rota (Early: 07:00-15:30, Mid : 08:00-16:30 & 09:00-17:30, Late : 09:30-18:00) with an on call requirement for week nights and weekends
(currently one week in three).
In return for your skills my client is looking to pay between £23000 and £25000 plus on call.
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.