Vacancy: 2nd/3rd Line Systems Engineer
Location: Byfleet, SURREY
Salary guide: £30,000 – £40,0000 + Benefits
Benefits: Pension, Private Medical, Company Performance Related Bonus, free drinks and snacks, company summer party and Christmas party,
Hours: Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:30 (flexible start/finish times can be agreed)
The Role of 2nd/3rd Line Systems Engineer Is an exciting Opportunity to join a rapidly growing Data Centre provider who is a multi-award winning colocation, cloud & connectivity provider.
You will primarily be focused on Microsoft technologies, and looking to gain further progression experience and certification in Windows Server and Hyper-V/ Failover Cluster Manager environments.
The role is based at our Clients main data centre facility in Byfleet (Surrey) and there will be some requirements to travel to their secondary data centre located in Manor Royal (Crawley) to support systems and colleagues there.
This is a hand-on role, where you will be able to utilize your technical expertise to contribute to the team and help ensure the platforms for both our internal and customers systems are well maintained.
The role will come with the following responsibilities:
* A focus on developing technical routines and instructions to enable minimal escalations and full utilisation of other supporting technical teams
* Ensure the implementation and effective operation of the public and private cloud infrastructures in line with the defined SLAs
* Ensure the development of appropriate design and implementations in order to enable the most effective uptime and maintenance of the platforms
Essential Skills/ Experience:
* Microsoft skills, with at least 1 – 2 years of Microsoft Virtualisation experience
* Familiarity with hardware (Dell) and SAN technologies (iSCSI)
* Ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
* Desire to learn and improve on existing knowledge
* Strong customer support and communication skills
Desirable Skills/ Experience:
* Previous experience within a service provider environment
* Familiarity with Linux (CentOS/ Debian/ Ubuntu) and the CLI
Networking and virtual networking (Virtual Switching, VLANs, Layer 3 Routing)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.