Technical Project Manager
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Do you have a great technical understanding in a business support environment? Ready for a new opportunity to progress and develop your career? How about becoming a Technical Project Manager for Microlise? Would you bring a great understanding of business and have excellent communication skills? How about highly self motivated and love to achieve and exceed your targets / deadlines? Yes? We’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to implement Microlise Projects. You will professionally and effectively work closely with all those involved in projects from their inception to completion of implementation and handover into business as usual.
What will you be doing?
* Test and assure the quality of software at a functional and environmental level before the release to the customer
* Provide support of a customer’s user acceptance testing, taking a pro-active role in helping the customer test for acceptance
* Be proactive in assisting the customer to prepare for implementation, inclusive of providing configuration workshops with the customer pre and post installation
* Be responsible for all system configurations in order to meet the customer’s requirements in line with the scope of the project and in order to achieve the required business benefits
* Take a proactive role in assisting the customer during implementation to achieve the required level of operational activity
* Train customers on how to use the Microlise system
* Be responsible for the communication through appropriate reporting procedure and process to both customer and internal projects audience
* Diagnose, log and manage issues through to resolution
* Gauge the need for timely escalation of issues and any changes having a significant impact on the project
* More experienced Technical Project Managers will move onto managing their own projects
What are we looking for?
Technical skills such as;
* Windows and Web based applications – experience of queueing, event viewers, permissions and services
* Ability to understand technical data flows – for use in diagnosing faults
* Understanding of Microsoft Office
* RESTful web services – knowledge of GET and POST operations are useful
* Configuration Management – knowledge of logging changes
* Network – understanding of DNS, IP and SFTP
* Knowledge of business environments and working practices
* IT background with knowledge of logistics and or mobile worker terminology
* Impeccable level of communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to converse at all levels of business and society
* Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Ability to manage both upward, peer and subordinate relationships to the good of the Company
* Ability to work effectively and to prioritise own workload
* Ability to use / present information (including personal IT skills)
* Highly self motivated – achiever of targets / deadlines, both personally and through team
* Effective team player with ability to build strong working relationships
* Impeccable quality standards
* Propensity toward improving own performance and achievement of objectives
* Pragmatic approach
It would be a great addition if you are French or German speaking due to our expansion and customer base, but fear not, if you are willing to learn we’re offering language classes for Microlise employees!
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK’s leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been privately-owned for thirty years. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
We believe in our culture, values and staff successes, take a look around our careers page to see why our employees love Microlise
25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays
Vitality Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and subsidised eye tests and glasses
Free Costco membership
20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards!
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don’t delay getting your application in! Whilst ordinarily this role is based from our Head Office in Nottingham, we suspect the successful candidate will be working remotely initially, in line with government guidelines.
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore we do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.