Technical Project Manager
Salary up to £53,000 depending on experience + competitive benefits
Location: Lakeside, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EN
A Technical Project Manager is required to join the Proagrica team to work on a variety of website and application projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering web and mobile business management systems, use of JIRA, as well as reporting and analytics.
Some travel will be required, we have clients throughout the UK, New York & Sydney though 95% of time will be spent in the Portsmouth office.
The role will also require working with clients in different time zones, predominantly US (which is usually managed in normal working hours) and Australia (occasional calls or emails outside of normal hours)
You will need previous technical experience and be able to work on multiple projects with some tight deadlines.
Core Skills and Responsibilities:
Overall project and work stream management of website development, including, but not limited to:
* Scoping out standalone websites, microsites or integrated pages
* Strategically plan the functionality and usability requirements
* Wire framing, using tools such as Axure
* Project status reports
* Testing across supported browsers and devices
* User Acceptance Test (UAT) script writing
* Follow an Agile (or equivalent) project methodology
* Product lifecycle planning
* Supporting the senior management on customer development activities
You will be contributing to the testing and deployment phases of software and database projects and will require good technical knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Must have experience in software project management
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Client relationship management experience
* Ability to manage software development with the technical team
* Facilitate client meetings, analysing and documenting business requirements and ability to gain acceptance with the client
* Present solutions to client at senior level
* Deliver projects on time and to budget
* Basic SQL skills for application testing. Training will be provided if required.
* Good understanding of ASP.NET website development and SQL Server relational databases
* Good technical background in web technologies and the web market place.
Our ideal candidate is an, experienced, dependable, organised, accurate and articulate professional who enjoys working in an open team environment, quickly embraces new ideas and has the desire to excel in their chosen discipline.
Proagrica Animal Health is an Internet and database software development company working primarily in the agriculture and animal health industries. We create data driven content managed websites and extranets; intelligent reporting and bespoke web based business critical systems and data management services. We are challenged by our multi-national clients to develop and deploy highly scalable, complex, web-enabled database applications. These may be as diverse as a content-managed website dynamically personalised by a large data warehouse, an online business intelligence tool that enables customers to interrogate and report on their data from anywhere in the world; or a sophisticated e-commerce presence that provides fresh, innovative features to its users through its creative use of technology.
Proagrica is part of Reed Business Information (RBI) and the FTSE100 RELX Group, a highly respected technology / Data & Analytics business recently ranked by Forbes as #53 in their top Global Employers list.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What’s it like to work here?
Outstanding – you’ve probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we’re involved with but what’s really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We’re an agile, dynamic and forward thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
In addition to all of this we offer the following 'core' benefits:
* 25 days holiday (option to buy more)
* 2 paid charity days (as a business we do a lot of charity work)
* Pension and life assurance scheme
* SAYE Share Options Scheme
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter.
Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%.
We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
* Mentoring scheme for women in technology
* Women’s network forum
* Regularly run events for schoolgirls about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.