Software Engineer – Permanent – Full Time
On-site Based: Porton Down, Salisbury
* Salary £(phone number removed) – Dependant on experience
* 25 days annual leave inclusive of up to 3 days Christmas shut-down
* Buy or sell up to 5 days’ annual leave
* Annual Wellbeing allowance
* Two pension schemes to choose from
* Private Medical Insurance + discounts for additional family members
* Life Assurance scheme up to 4 x salary
* Share Save scheme
* Electric/Hybrid Car leasing scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Retail discounts
* Career development support
Our Electronic Warfare Operations Support (EWOS) Group is made up of 40+ electronic warfare specialists. From all manner of backgrounds, our engineers, scientists and ex-military personnel combine their experience to help our customers achieve their true operational potential, and ultimately help keep their people and platforms safe.
You'll have the flexibility, once fully onboard (and with DV) to figure out your own schedule, making sure that core hours are covered by you and your team. There is a bias towards working onsite – due to the nature of the work – but there will be fairly regular (c.1 day per week) where this can also be flexed.
How you’ll support us
Working primarily on-site with the wider project team, you will be creating leading edge solutions to problems never worked on before; building toolsets and connecting hardware to modelling and simulation software within this modelling of weapons systems project – a project that is using ground breaking science to support the UK's front line Defence.
The invaluable experience you’ll bring, to help us achieve more
We’re expecting that you’ve got hands-on experience in this field.
* Degree level or equivalent in a Science or Engineering discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Physics or Engineering, inc Software Engineering).
* A proven Software Engineer with a track record in programming Matlab, Simulink and / or C++
* Good understanding of the physics behind sensors, dynamics, optics and lasers
* Experience in real time, and faster than real time, software environments
* Due to the highly secure environment that our work is conducted in, you must be a UK National, eligible to work and live in the UK and be eligible to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government DV Security Clearance
* Full UK Driving Licence
Who is MASS?
MASS is an independent, global technology company, trusted by highly secure organisations to provide advanced, digital services that manage data and keep information safe. With our heritage in defence, we offer robust solutions to sectors where security expertise is essential. We work in partnership with customers, using skilled, technical experts. We think innovatively to provide tailored, agile and resilient solutions that secure advantage, so you’re ready for digital transformation.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer; we know that our people are smart, skilled and motivated and in return we provide a friendly workplace where everyone is valued and has the chance to make an impact.
Apply today to see how working for MASS could work for you