IMServ is one of the UK’s leading data collection and energy metering experts, delivering award winning services to more customers in more places, meeting industry targets and becoming a benchmark for excellence. We offer a range of specialist metering technology for electricity, gas and water along with highly accurate energy data collection services. All this is wrapped up with an easy-to-view online data management analysis and reporting software.
The Digital Engineering Manager will lead a team of software engineers, developers, and testers, to build innovative digital products and platforms. You will be responsible for managing Engineering project delivery, mentoring team members, optimising processes such as CI/CD and SDLC, and fostering a culture of excellence.
* Focused on ensuring that the Engineering team are supported and motivated to provide efficient and effective delivery to projects and initiatives with a fail-fast approach
* Owning the evolution of moving from a traditional engineering team into an DevOps Product-focused capability
* Defining the Engineering team Objectives and key results to support the overarching Digital Enablement Strategy
Technical Knowledge & Experience:
* 5+ years’ experience leading teams of software engineers, developers, and testers
* Expertise with CI/CD pipelines, test automation frameworks, and modern SDLC
* Experience architecting and managing projects in Azure
* Experience with using MSDevOps
* Strong project management abilities with technical software teams
* Comfortable introducing process change like CI/CD and test automation.
* Passion for coaching technical teams (engineers, developers, testers)
* Experience with YAML to support CI/CD pipeline
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
* Broad knowledge of Microsoft stack (Dynamics 365 CE, Power Platform including Power Automate)
* Experience of working with Agile and Waterfall project delivery
Skills & Attributes:
* Diplomacy, articulate, perseverance, resourceful.
* Value-add customer-focused approach
* Broad business process understanding and background.
* Self-starter able to operate on own initiative.
* Ability to multitask and meet challenging deadlines.
* Demonstrable stakeholder management flare
* Organisation skills
* Strives for continuous improvement.
* A leader by example with ability to mentor stakeholders and team members.
28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Annual leave Buy & Sell scheme
Enhanced Salary Sacrifice Pension Contributions
Life Assurance up to 6 X Base Salary*
Subsidised Health cover*
Subsidised Dental Cover*
Contribution towards Eye Tests and Glasses
In Office & Out of Office Social Events
Retailer Discounts Platform
Employee Assistance Program
Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme*
Reward & Recognition
(*Length of service & T&Cs apply)
Our people are our main asset. We strive to ensure they remain happy, competitive, and fulfilled – helping to propel our business forward and ensure we remain customer-centric and competitive. We are proud to remain the UK’s leading and growing energy data collection and meter operations service provider.
Diversity and inclusion have long been at the heart of of IMServ’s success. As we continue our growth, our focus remains on ensuring that equality, diversity and inclusion remain central to our business and recruitment practices. We recognise that we operate in an industry in which there has traditionally been a lack of diversity and we are keen to encourage applications from as inclusive a group as possible. We recognise that a balanced workforce encourages collaboration and innovation, promotes entrepreneurship and a feeling of ownership.
These are the key drivers of our business, that our customers really look to us for.
(Please note that we reserve the right to close this position before the expiry date)