Software Developer – based in Edinburgh (flexible working options)
Paying up to £65,000 per annum + fantastic benefits including 2 different pension schemes, Private Medical Insurance, 4 x Salary Life Assurance, Income Protection, and Discretionary Bonus
A well established, highly regarded Investment Management firm with offices in London and Edinburgh, is looking to hire an experienced Software Developer to join their already existing development team to design, develop, test and release software solutions to support the requirements of the business.
They are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who have the experience to be able to support their project leaders in the design and development of software solutions as well as acting as lead developers for less experienced members of the team.
The right Developer must be willing to tackle complex problems and be happy to research a problem and then present your opinion/findings back to the project team. You’ll be enthusiastic about solving business problems and keep up-to-date with technology and patterns to help drive their technological advantage further.
* Design, develop and deliver software solutions in conjunction with the Business Teams and in accordance with software development principles and guidelines.
* Work in conjunction with the Business Teams during the design process to contribute to business and technical solutions.
* Work in conjunction with Business Teams to produce and execute test scripts (functional and non-functional) to ensure minimal risk of service interruption caused by application changes. This includes Unit, System / Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, Performance and Load Tests.
* Conduct peer review / assurance of development documentation and code in an effort to assure accuracy and completeness, whilst ensuring that changes are both maintainable and supportable.
* Assist the Project Leads during the programme and project planning process.
* Continually review Development and Delivery activities to identify improvements to architecture, processes, services, performance metrics and infrastructure in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
* In accordance with the Company’s Application Support principles and guidelines, provide expert / second line application support to users of the application suite.
* Continually train to ensure industry recognised qualifications are current.
* Actively promote and distribute knowledge amongst peers in the development team.
Skills & Experience
Cross stack working knowledge, including the following technologies:
* Microsoft technologies including .NET (4 and above)
* .NET Core
* Aurelia/Angular JS / MVVM Frameworks
* Strong SQL (TSQL)
* Telerik Charting
* Knowledge of API Design and Development
* AKKA.NET or other message driven micro service technologies
* BizTalk or other similar middleware
* Automated testing
* Analytical skills and ability to understand complex problems at a detailed technical level and communicate them clearly to Technical Colleagues.
* Willingness to investigate, trial and propose new concepts, technologies and approaches.
* Ability and willingness to share knowledge and skills through mentoring and coaching.
* Ability to accurately estimate personal time and effort and deliver to them accordingly.
If you’re a Software Developer looking for a new challenge with the listed technical skills and experience above then please apply now
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.