Role: Software Developer
Main purpose: Software Developer
To be responsible to the Technical Development Team Leader, for the provision of development expertise in developing and maintaining high quality solutions for clients and internal systems. This role is a full developmental role, working within the development team and is critical to the success of the business.
Key Duties: Software Developer
* Working with solution architects to understand requirements and help design solutions which meet customer and business needs.
* Designing, implementing and testing technical solutions. This includes utilising existing core products and toolkits, writing new code, configuring and integrating with third-party components.
* Ensuring all solutions have high levels of focus on performance, security and efficiency considerations.
* Reviewing code written by other members of the development team, ensuring that systems are not adversely impacted by new or updated code and raising any errors or bugs that have been detected.
* Ensure that systems are constructed and maintained in a fully professional manner, following best practice design, development, quality and testing processes.
* Ensure full documentation of systems, to a high standard.
* Develop solutions that can be properly supported and maintained after release.
* Assist customer services in problem-solving, root cause analysis and live issues.
* Undertake any other ad hoc duties, in respect to the development function as requested.
* Raise any concerns with regards to Equal Opportunity, bullying and harassment and bribery issues.
* Contribute to the Companies Environmental Policy by being aware of the resources required to undertake this work and making sure that resources are not wasted and are disposed of in a sustainable way.
* Follow safe working practices and assist in the maintenance of good housekeeping standards, in order to achieve a safe and healthy working environment.
* To contribute to, participate in and attend appropriate meetings and training courses as required.
Key Technical Skills: Software Developer
* Required Languages and Skills
* C# & Microsoft .NET development
* SQL HTML/CSS
* Web Services (REST/SOAP)
* HTML & CSS
* Use of Source Control
* Unit Testing
* Use of common software methodolgies to develop solutions (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
Beneficial Language and Skills: Software Developer
Workflow products e.g. Open Text BPM
Intelligent capture products e.g. Brainware, Abbyy
Use of OAuth and Single sign on (SSO) technologies)
Use of Queuing technologies (e.g. MSMQ, RabbitMQ)
Worked in an Agile team
Work with continuous deploy
Core Competencies: Software Developer
A genuine interest in IT development, with a strong willingness to learn
Ability to deliver solutions for a given specification or requirement to a high standard.
Ability to identify potential problems with code, analyse issues and identify root causes.
Strong communication skills: able to communicate wand work with technical and non-technical people alike, in a clear, collaborative and positive manner.
Adopt a structured and organised approach to working
Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
Ability to think on your feet and show initiative.
Highly self-motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Ability to work flexibly
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.