Would you like to work in a constantly evolving space within Digital at the Department for Transport?
Do you have a passion for Delivering quality service?
The Department for Transport's (DfT) Digital Service is a leading-edge government capability that provides digital, data and technology (DDaT) to our users. We were established in September 2017 and deliver a blend of services, primarily to our ministerial department.
DfT works with our agencies and partners to support the transport network that helps the UK’s businesses and gets people and goods travelling around the country. We plan and invest in transport infrastructure to keep the UK on the move.
This is a new position within the Digital Delivery function, which will be responsible for establishing the capability and growing a community of practice. The individual will be responsible for the Productivity and Collaboration suite of services in the Department and will work closely with the Digital Business Partners and Architects to ensure that the user need is understood and roadmaps align to strategy, whilst also working closely with the operational teams to ensure that existing services and contracts deliver the v
To be successful in this role you will be a team player who has experience in a similar role. You will manage our Productivity and Collaboration services and use your interpersonal skills to guide and influence stakeholders whilst taking onboard feedback and expectations from senior leadership across the department. You will be confident in considering conflicting needs, soliciting and evaluating data and opinions to make clear recommendations and decisions, aligned to and effectively prioritising work.
You will hold budgetary responsibilities, be confident with your decision making and be comfortable in leading service ownership issues, people and processes and ensuring that your role fits seamlessly into digital service operations.
How to Apply
When considering applying please look at how your experience relates to the role, and within your CV and Personal Statement please provide detailed evidence of your experience of the following:
• Agile working. You know how to coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. You can think of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes. You are able to act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team. (Relevant skill level: expert)
• Financial ownership. You can develop an agile business case and own and iterate it throughout the product life cycle. You know how to develop benefits with others within the portfolio. You understand the granularity of financial costs per sprint and value delivered. (Relevant skill level: expert)
• Life-cycle perspective. You can apply experience of multiple parts of the product life cycle. You can recognise when it is right to move forward and when it is right to stop. You can recognise the appropriate deliverables and the right people to meet these. You are able to work with other agile delivery operations throughout the product life cycle. You can plan and engage with the appropriate stakeholders at a particular stage in the project. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
• Operational management. You keep abreast of industry best practice and can cascade ways of working. You know how to make operations efficient. You can act as the escalation point for major operational issues and champion operational management across the community. You can work closely with leaders of operational delivery teams in digital, data and technology (DDaT). (Relevant skill level: expert)
• Problem ownership. You know how to anticipate problems and how to defend against them at the right time. You understand how the problem fits into the larger picture. You can articulate the problem and help others to do it. You know how to build problem-solving capabilities in others. (Relevant skill level: expert)
• Product ownership. You know the tools, terms and concepts used to deliver a product and how they can be adapted and applied to different phases of delivery. (Relevant skill level: working)
• Strategic ownership. You can develop a long-term vision and objectives. You are discerning and disciplined in focusing on what is important and most relevant. You know how to develop the capability of others. (Relevant skill level: expert)
• User focus. You know how to give direction on which tools or methods to use. You are experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user. (Relevant skill level: expert)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.