Leading edge 3D animation is one of the most exciting and forward thinking areas in which a Senior Software Engineer could hope to carve out a career and this is an opportunity to do just that. A company in Glasgow are looking for someone to join their growing team…a team which already works on extremely high profile movie and video game projects. These projects are household names, ones that have to be kept confidential until their release…these are the exciting kind! Imagine being able to say you are part of the team that created a major part of one of the newest global releases. This is your chance!
* Research, design and build new software tools and processing workflows based upon our world leading core technology.
* Extend, develop and maintain existing tools.
* Liaise with our internal service team to identify and solve problems on live projects.
* Develop robust and high performance code suitable for efficiently processing large datasets.
* Take ownership of the full life cycle for key applications including testing and deployment.
* A graduate or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline.
* Strong C++ skills including desktop UI development.
* Strong mathematics skills.
* Good understanding of 3D geometric primitives: triangles, polygons, matrices etc.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* Desire to develop new skills and learn about new technologies.
* Use of SVN/GIT or equivalent version control system.
* Applicants must have permission to live and work in the UK.
* Visual Studio.
* Acceleration of algorithms using NVIDIA CUDA, Optix or other GPGPU approach.
* Familiarity with any of 3DS Max, Maya, Houdini, Blender, Unreal Engine, Unity etc.
* Familiarity with any of the following libraries/tools: Eigen, OpenCV, FFMPEG, ImGui.
* Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python).
* Competitive Salary – £(Apply online only) depending on experience.
* 33 days public holidays and annual leave.
* Company Pension scheme (company match up to 5%).
* Life Assurance (3x salary up to £90,000).
* Possibility of Annual Bonus (at company’s discretion, depending on company and individual performance)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.