Senior Software Engineer
Sutton, Surrey (Initially remote due to COVID-19)
Do you want to make a big difference as a key member of a small, highly collaborative team? Are you excited about creating leading-edge software to solve challenging problems? Do you thrive on the open exchange of ideas with bright colleagues who share your love of the craft? If you are a talented software developer who cares about these things as much as we do, we want to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a skilled Senior Developer to join our Cirium tech group to help build and enhance the end-to-end stack that allows our customers to query and analyse vast amounts of aerospace data. This fast-growing tech group is responsible for a wide variety of tasks on our analytics platform, supporting customers in insurance, airline, banking and a substantial number of other airline related industries.
• Demonstrable commercial software development experience
• Experience with developing highly concurrent, scalable and secured applications.
• Full stack experience using C# and Angular, with emphasis on strong .NET/.NET Core skills.
• Python desirable
• Experience of working with GIT (Highly desirable)
• Experience developing REST-like, JSON-based microservices.
• Familiarity with Amazon cloud-based services and the Linux operating system.
• Ability to troubleshoot performance, capacity, and scalability issues.
• Experience with SQL/PostresSQL and data analytics a plus.
• Strong research skills.
• Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
• Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Work closely with the team to analyse and conceptualize the design of products and requirements.
• Convert product requirements into deliverables, set priorities, and establish timelines.
• Design, write, test and deploy production-ready code.
• Install, troubleshoot, debug and support a variety of software products and services that product features are built upon and developed against.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Proactively work to mitigate risks, improve quality and security in an efficient manner and resolve problems that arise.
• Contribute to an innovative culture by driving excellence in working practices, tools and technologies.
• Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
About The Company:
Cirium provides data services and end-to-end data solutions to customers serving the global airline industry. The company has established a leadership position as a provider of high-quality data and analytics and consultancy services, serving airlines, banks, insurance providers and more. The company is leveraging the platform and domain knowledge it has developed, to expand into new data sets and new products that deliver value to the company’s core markets. We work in an interesting field, we have demonstrated success in what we do, and we are well positioned for future growth.
We hire the best talent in the travel and technology industries. To support our talented team, we offer an extraordinary work environment that places trust and respect at the forefront of our company values. These values enable our employees to do their best work by creating an open, supportive environment that promotes creativity. Employees are also provided outstanding benefits, including flexible working hours that encourages a healthy life/work balance. If that weren't enough, we work in a remodelled Sutton office, which provides lots of natural light and lots of collaboration space! We think it's a great place to do great work, and if you like the sound of this as well, we encourage you to consider this opening.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group (RSG) we provide information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RSG people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group is part of RELX, a leading global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.