GENE COMMERCE is a leading ecommerce agency. We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to help our clients’ online businesses succeed by delivering exceptional projects. This role can be performed from our Head Office in Brighton, or working remotely from home.
As one of our Senior Project Managers, you will be part of our superb delivery team responsible for the smooth and effective running of a range of digital ecommerce projects, across a wide portfolio of clients. We believe you are the person that ensures everything comes together, a problem solver and negotiator, a decision maker and organiser; you demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative, calm and attention to detail, above all you are driven by a desire to deliver a great result. To succeed you must be in control of your projects yet allow ideas the space and freedom to thrive. You see and understand the big picture but are also the expert of the project specifics and the detail of what it takes to deliver it on time, to budget whilst delighting the client and end user.
You will be working on multiple large scale and complex ecommerce projects switching seamlessly between conceptual, visionary thinking and pragmatism to find a way to deliver and, avoiding the mediocre compromise. You will be working in a supportive and structured Project Management team, within which you will have opportunities to learn and develop your career.
You are a senior project leader and facilitator with proven skills and experience in the following: effective project set up and initiation, budget control, project tracking and reporting, risk and issue management, quality assurance and project resourcing. An understanding of the principles of Project Management, appropriate methodologies and processes, including Agile, Scrum and Kanban, is vital.
The Senior Project Manager essentially manages all factors that govern project success to ensure delivery within time, cost and quality parameters.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of a range of ecommerce projects, throughout the full project lifecycle
* Manage and deliver multiple work-streams for various clients to agreed scope, timings, budget and quality
* Main point of project-level communication – in regular contact with internal and external partners engaged in delivering the project
* Constantly analyse the areas that could potentially throw the delivery off track, log these risks and list what you plan to do to mitigate against them
* Be on top of your projects and manage timings, key milestones, budgets, resourcing, risks.
* On a weekly basis, report project tracking, including hours and budget spent to date, estimated hours and budget at completion (EAC). Escalate any projects at risk – based on variance from baseline on delivery dates or budget overspend to the PMO.
* Facilitate scoping and planning sessions with the wider team to ensure appropriate estimates can be shared with the client, from initial ballparks, to detailed planning and costs for more accurate proposals.
* Produce project documentation, including Statement of Work (SoW), RACI, Risk log.
* In conjunction with the Account Manager, provide appropriate reporting to the client of any changes or potential impact to agreed project deliverables.
* Assess the time and financial impact of changes and communicate to clients as appropriate
Core attributes/Essential skills
* Experienced in working in a digital agency environment with an understanding of agile principles and working practices
* Strong commercial awareness
* Solutions orientated, focusing on delivering customer benefit
* Problem solver – analytical, logical and creative in equal measure
* Flexible, helpful, resourceful, yet always delivery focused
* Reliable team player who promotes collaboration
* Keen interest in digital technology and ecommerce and how it can be utilised to solve complex problems
* Has a diplomatic approach to all situations
* An excellent communicator with strong team management skills. Distils complex ideas into concise written and verbal descriptions
* Positive and calm under pressure
* Can quickly separate the important tasks from the trivial with ability to identify the most useful next steps
* Excels under pressure and can take on multiple challenges simultaneously
* Highly adept within at least one mainstream project management methodology applicable to software development
* Website development experience incorporating knowledge of usability best practices
Desirable skills and experience:
* At least 7 years’ experience delivering digital projects or platforms
* Familiarity with delivering ecommerce projects in a highly regulated environments such as pharma or fintech
* Ecommerce and Conversion Rate Optimisation experience (CRO)
* Familiarity with ecommerce platforms such as Magento, Salesforce, Hybris, Shopify Plus
* Exposure to one or more web analytics platforms
GENE is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento Enterprise Partners with an international reputation. Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business and this sets us apart. Our GENE Pool initiative encourages development of R&D projects alongside our day-to-day work and has led to groundbreaking products such as BlueFootCMS PageBuilder (acquired by Magento) and the first Apple Pay, Alexa and VR integrations with Magento 2. So, if you're looking to be part of a company that embodies creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
What we can do for you
We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London & Liverpool
Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Private Healthcare with Vitality
Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.