Senior Network Engineer
Location: Central London (4 days per week onsite / 1 day per week WFH)
Up to £75,000 PA
Senior Network Engineer sought by a well-known and public-facing organisation of circa 1200 IT end-users, with numerous sites spread across the county. The business is involved in significant, complex and critical logistical operations, providing services to hundreds-of-thousands.
As Senior Network Engineer, you will assume responsibility for the management of reasonably complex Local and Wide Area Networks, WiFi, VPN's and VoIP Telephony for the business.
You'll be part of a highly capable IT team of circa 20, with circa 2-3 direct reports, supporting (in a hands-on capacity), complex IT Infrastructure and contributing to critical projects.
– Management and maintenance of all network hardware and equipment, establishing best practices for installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of network assets (hardware and software).
– Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for administrating network resources.
– Provide detailed Network Asset Management, together with documentation relating to network configuration and hardware / software assets.
– Design and implementation of strategic plans to ensure network capacity meets both existing and future requirements.
– Management of suppliers and contractors to secure network products and services.
– Assist in development of BC / DR plans, responding to emergency network outages in accordance with those plans.
– Development and monitoring of KPIs and performance metrics relating to the network.
– Line management of a Network Engineer, providing guidance to the wider team where required.
– Management, configuration and hands-on troubleshooting experience of enterprise LANs, WANs, WLANs and VPNs
– Extensive experience with both Cisco and HP switches / firewalls
– CCNA / CCNP, or equivalent practical experience
– Strong technical knowledge of both network and PC operating systems.
– Monitoring experience, ideally utilising SolarWinds and PTRG.
– Implementation of SD-WAN solutions ( Palo Alto or Meraki )
– Ideally you'll also have experience working with Checkpoint firewalls
Offering up to £75,000 PA plus excellent benefits, including free/subsidised travel on public transport and an industry leading pension scheme.
Location; Central London, with occasional travel a requirement. Due to the nature of the role, some out-of-hours work is expected