A Cloud Services Network Engineer is responsible for provisioning client services within the Six Degrees cloud environments. The Cloud Services Network Engineer will work with emerging technologies in order to automate and configure services based on cloud platforms. Alongside this, the Cloud Services Network Engineer will be hands on in the operation, management and maintenance of cloud infrastructures network layer, utilised by the business' extensive customer base.
The following represent the core tasks to be carried out as a part of the role:
* To manage and support and via Six Degrees service management system and ensure SLAs are met.
* Build, expand, migrate and decommission network aspects of cloud platforms within the Six Degrees portfolio.
* Maintain and patch firmware and software that required to run Six Degrees cloud platforms.
* Platform license management and reporting where it applies on networking devices.
* Product provisioning, configuration and documentation.
* Provide 3rd line support to all cloud network service related incidents that are escalated via SMC/assurance or professional services teams.
* Provide problem management to cloud services related issues.
* Establish a good understanding of the cloud environments to accurately monitor and diagnose potential failures.
* Maintain documentation in the relevant systems appropriate to the environment.
* Ability to attend datacentres or customer’s sites for installation or support purposes.
* Work with supporting vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
* Maintain good working practice under RFC, scheduled maintenance windows with clear communications.
* Work within an out of hour’s standby rota.
* CCNP or JNCIA Certification.
* Experienced in managing, deploying and troubleshooting firewall estates, Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX or Palo Alto preferred.
* Experience managing, deploying and troubleshooting connectivity mediums including fibre, copper across various platforms.
* ISP experience understanding, supporting and delivering network solutions.
* Be responsible for your own career development by keeping abreast of technology and industry best practise.
* Coach and mentor members of the team as required, ensure that knowledge is sufficiently spread to provide cover for holidays and other absence
* Logical approach to problem solving.
* Able to identify when a problem may require escalation.
* Excellent time management and priority determination skills.
* Polite and constructive whist dealing with all customers.
* Maintain a high standards of work and professionalism.
* Ability to work unsupervised and diligently.
* Personal determination to increase knowledge and competences.
* Team working skills
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://itjobpro.co.uk/132840 →