Senior Project Manager
*Local Council* *SharePoint Online Migration* *Outside IR35* *Flexible / Hybrid working available*
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of all aspects involved in the Council’s migration from legacy file Windows file servers to Microsoft SharePoint online.
Working closely with the SharePoint lead and other stakeholders in the Council, you will ensure that a clear internal data sharing strategy is developed as this will be the basis of the new SharePoint design. You will have managed several SharePoint migrations and will be competent not only in SharePoint Online but have good understanding and experience of Microsoft 365 technologies as these will also be used e.g. Microsoft/Azure Information Protection and Microsoft Rights Management System.
1. Take full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and safe execution of the SharePoint Online migration project, engaging with stakeholders and actively participating in all phases of the project.
2. Manage the change control procedure and ensure that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Gain agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors and other stakeholders as appropriate.
3. Prepare and maintain realistic project schedules (showing tasks and dependencies) and track activities against them, providing regular and accurate reports to the Portfolio Office, sponsors or senior management as appropriate.
4. Take responsibility for the creation of business readiness / go live plans, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new processes or jobs into the "business as usual" environment.
Key Skills and Experience:
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 with advanced implementation, support and design skills and experience with SharePoint online
* Previous project management experience of migrating on-premise file shares to SharePoint online
* Proven track record of delivering Office 365 features with defined business benefits.
* Demonstrates an understanding of current developments in the application of Information Systems and is able to assimilate and interpret advice from specialists – technical or otherwise.
* Proficient in understanding automated tools to assist in the project management process, by automating mechanical tasks such as scheduling, resource balancing, and time recording.
* Proficient in techniques which help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation (e.g. business environment analysis, functional business models, process modelling, stakeholder analysis, use cases, user stories, Scrum, process mapping, benefits mapping)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.