Location – Winchester, Hants, Hybrid role
Salary – £40K-£65K plus bonus and benefits
Our client is looking for a positive, flexible self-starter to join their team as a Senior Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in delivering analysis capability as an integral part of a small, agile and growing business.
Our client’s team of analysts, consultants and Defence SMEs work closely with their customers to deliver high-impact services and solutions. Data science and operational analysis are a key part of their company’s capability. They are growing this capability and are looking for a highly motivated and capable Senior Analyst.
As Senior Analyst your role will include:
* Using operational analysis approaches to deliver impactful insights to their clients.
* Taking a consultative approach to your work, understanding how your work contributes to delivering a great result for clients.
* Using agile approaches to develop models and tools, including requirements capture, design, development, testing and management.
* Collating, managing, structuring, analysing, presenting, and visualising data.
* Deriving unique insights from data to inform senior-level decision making.
* Producing internal and external presentations and reports to summarise processes, findings, recommendations, and decision analysis results.
* Delivering high quality analysis and outputs.
* Taking a leading role in the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with clients and the company’s team of consultants and analysts.
The role as a Senior Analyst will require a blend of working from our office, occasional travel to client sites, and working from home. Our client is happy to consider flexible working arrangements based on individual circumstances.
The company’s main clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the south of England.
Experience /Qualifications – Senior Analyst:
The following skills and experience will enable you to excel in this role:
* Operational analysis approaches and techniques
* Data analysis and data science
* Experience working within UK MoD
* Stakeholder engagement, requirements gathering and process design.
* A self-starter and team player.
* Good communication skills, enabling you to work confidently with team members and clients.
* Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work.
* Attention to detail and the drive to see work through to completion.
* A positive and flexible approach to your work.
* Degree, MSc or equivalent experience
* Advanced data analysis in Excel, including VBA.
* Decision making techniques and processes.
* Operating models and organisational design.
* Software development using Python.
* Knowledge of current software development approaches, platforms and best practice.
* Experience of Microsoft365, SharePoint, PowerBI, Dataverse and PowerApps solutions.
* Recent UK Defence Security Clearance (SC) would be of interest but is not essential.
Keywords – Senior Analyst, Defence, MOD, Python, VBA, PowerBI, SharePoint, Microsoft365, PowerApps, Power BI ,Advanced Excel, Data Analysis
Senior Analyst – Defence, MOD