Project Manager – Software Engineering
Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency, and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We are looking for a project manager to join our software engineering team to help coordinate and manage dependencies between multiple teams working on the same overarching business objective. In this role, you would:
* Track the status of development teams working on related projects across four locations.
* Radiate information about projects upward to management and outward to other teams.
* Help elicit requirements from various stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, involved with this initiative.
* Assure governance around future planning – e.g. epics are written and long-term plans are aligned.
* Ensure that agreements between teams are made in advance of work and periodically validate that specs haven’t changed – and if they have, make sure all teams involved are aware and adjust their plans accordingly.
* Ask the right questions to make sure development teams are accounting for technical complexity of the work.
* Serve as the main point of contact for senior management and other stakeholders who have questions about or input for the technical aspects of the ongoing projects.
* Contribute to conversations about the capability and effectiveness of our teams to assist our growth and expansion plans.
* Contribute to project management best practices throughout all of Mintel.
In this role, you would not be responsible for the delivery of any specific team’s work, but rather the project management and coordination of multiple teams’ working towards the same objectives.
* Experience in project management or leading project teams
* Experience working with business stakeholders to elicit requirements that can be translated into technical work
* Experience working with software development teams to plan the implementation of business requirements
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
We hope you’ll like our…
* Culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working
* Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy additional holiday
* Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned
* Fully remote interview and onboarding process until safety levels increase
* Frequent social events, both within the department and across the company
* Future working model will be a blend of home and office working
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.