Technical Project Manager
Working from Home + occasional site visits to Southampton OR Kidlington (Your choice)
Salary: £50k – £52k + 13.5% pension contribution
This is a really interesting PM role working in a high-profile public-sector setting. Our Client is seeking a Technical PM that can bring their experience of delivering a broad range of technical IT projects and who can work efficiently across ICT departments including Architecture, Service Delivery, Security and Dev/Ops etc.
From datacentre migration projects to cloud implementation projects, the Technical PM needs to be able to be adaptable to undertake whatever the nature of the project they are allocated and deliver it with the same high levels of project governance and stakeholder management.
1. Working with the Technical Programme Manager and other senior executives & business representatives, the job holder is responsible for the development and maintenance of the allocated Project (covering one or more Forces) to ensure the technical development/delivery, resourcing and vendor management planning is up to date and accurate.
2. Line managed by the Technical Programme Management team leader, but is directly accountable to project executives for project deliverables. Also works closely with ICT Programme Managers.
3. Work across ICT; Architecture, Service Delivery, Security, Dev/Ops to ensure that the project/projects fit with the approved architectures, are secure and can be operated managed and supported in a cost effective manner.
4. Responsible for ensuring that the project, including in-house developments, within the overall ICT Portfolio (including the ICT elements of business programmes and projects) deliver the desired outcomes (timescales, costs, quality and benefits enablement).
5. Manage allocated projects to deliver required business elements in addition to the technical aspects, including the development and implementation of new or revised business processes.
6. 6. Work closely with the project board, ICT managers and business managers to ensure all force stakeholders have a clear understanding of the planned project deliverables, it’s progression and any variations.
7. Responsible for the management of ICT suppliers contracted to support the project to ensure they deliver the desired outcomes (timescales, costs, quality and benefit enablement).
8. Responsible for ensuring that ICT change is appropriately tested to ensure the quality of ICT change delivered to the business, minimise disruption to the business and that business benefits are fully enabled.
9. Responsible for ensuring that every ICT project is appropriately managed, including all aspects of planning, risks, issues and inter-dependencies.
If you have not held residency in the UK for the last 5 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
To be considered for this highly rewarding opportunity, please submit your CV online today
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.