My client, a chartered institute for the IT sector, are currently looking for an experienced Product Manager with knowledge of L&D / Training products to join its team.
Working in a dynamic, customer centric environment, the Product Manager is expected to take ownership and responsibility for achieving growth, reach, revenue and profit targets for their product and service portfolio.
The successful Product Manager will have significant experience and a track record of success in Product Management, Marketing or Sales & Services. The successful candidate will also need to have experience in;
* Negotiating commercial and contractual terms successfully
* Proven experience of developing and assessing the viability of business cases,
* budgets and plans.
* A knowledge of UK qualification regulatory requirements
* Application of learning principles
* Knowledge of awarding body landscape
* Up to date computer knowledge and digital skills
* An Understanding of technical language
* General knowledge across a broad range of IT related areas
* Knowledge of learning and development or the building of career pathways
* Project management experience as a product owner (Agile or Prince2 environments)
* Proven experience of managing and coaching small teams
* Development of workflows and procedures
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager you will based remotely, but will required to go into the Swindon head office at regular intervals once COVID restrictions are lifted.
* Working in a dynamic, customer centric environment, the Product Manager is expected to take ownership and responsibility for achieving growth, reach, revenue and profit targets for their product and service portfolio.
* The successful Product Manager will be tasked with the following responsibilities and tasks.
* Work with the Senior Product Manager to create and own the product plan for your given and ensure agreed growth, reach, revenue, and profit goals are met.
* Ensure the product plan covers the existing portfolio and new products aligned and relevant across markets.
* Continually review the commercial viability of the existing product set to ensure it maximises growth opportunities in the marketplace.
* Monitor and report monthly on performance of products, managing reporting and analyses of income and expenditure for your practice area.
* Research and understand customer need in order to develop new products and services that will enable the portfolio to grow and to refresh the client’s position to become more established.
* Management of all costs associated within practice area and setting the relevant prices for the practice to ensure desired income and margin objectives are met.
* Create business cases for development activity for new or existing products. Assess them for commercial viability and decide which developments to recommend for forward action. Progress into project planning, working collaboratively across departments to ensure successful product development and launch to market.
* Manage suppliers and contracts, negotiating and maintaining contracts to achieve suitable margins and profitability, liaising with your manager and the Legal Services department as appropriate.
* Design and develop product that is relevant to our customers the learner and stakeholders whilst complying with governments, regulators, clients and the company quality policies and procedures.
* Support, coach, mentor and manage a small team team to ensure fair, consistent approach of workloads and development to produce a highly effective team
* Be the point of knowledge for the market, competitor & customer base in your specific product area. Own action plans to drive the growth of existing products, respond to competitor activity and develop new business proposals, working with your manager to amend product strategy, as necessary. Personally, represent the client in the external marketplace on a regular basis.
The Product Manager will be expected to attend offsite visits to clients, partners and suppliers as required. From time to time some worldwide travel may be required as well as some out-of-hours working including weekends
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.