We are looking for a talented Oracle software professional to join my client in developing and enhancing their market-leading software products whilst broadening their own technical and commercial skills.
As an Oracle Developer with my client, you will work as a key part of a software development team to design and support bespoke commercial systems. You will be involved in designing, developing and tuning complex, high volume applications using the latest Oracle technologies. Your role will involve:
* Coding new systems and changes using Oracle 19c, PL/SQL, Oracle APEX 20, BI Publisher, Oracle Forms 11g and Pro*C
* Supporting system and user acceptance testing
* Investigating potential software bugs and identifying/implementing solutions
* Ensuring that code is written to efficiently manipulate large datasets and carrying out performance investigation and improvement work
* Assisting Business Systems Analysts in requirement analysis, logical and physical design
* Investigating new technologies, developing prototypes and reporting on their feasibility.
The essential skills and drivers you will need to be successful in this role are:
* Experience in Oracle PL/SQL development in a commercial organisation
* APEX 5.1 or above
* BI Publisher
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Personal commitment to quality.
Experience of some or all of the following would be advantageous:
* Oracle Forms
* Python or shell scripting
In return, you will be offered challenge and responsibility working as part of their Analyst/Programming team of six along with the encouragement and support to continue your professional development with technical training and mentoring available (both externally and within the team). A competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package including discretionary annual bonus, generous non-contributory pension scheme, private health care and 26 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays). The role will be based in Northamptonshire and is currently performed solely from home under COVID-19 restrictions. Once restrictions are lifted there will be an option to spend two days working from home and three days from the office
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.