At Virtual1 we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer – SDWAN & Security to join our London-based team, you will also work remotely. You will join us on a full-time permanent basis and in return, you will receive a salary of up to £70,000 depending upon your level of experience.
We are a fast-paced Connectivity and Cloud provider on an exciting growth journey. Our mission at Virtual1 is to empower businesses with a network for the future. We operate the UK’s most advanced wholesale-only, software-defined network delivering connectivity and cloud services across the UK.
At Virtual1 people are at the heart of everything we do. Among our many awards which include for our network, portal, and teams, we are proud of our fantastic working environment and long-standing accreditations with Best Companies and proudly featured as #41 Best Small Company in London to work for.
Benefits of joining us as the Principal Engineer SDWAN & Security:
– 25 days holiday, 2 days for volunteering, 1 day on your birthday
– Additional Purchase of Annual Leave
– Pension (up to 5% match)
– Season loan ticket
– Gym membership & Active Rewards
– Life Insurance
– Cycle to Work
– Private healthcare & insurance with Vitality – Payroll Giving Scheme
– Refer a Friend
– Free eye care vouchers
– Frequent team social events
– Office Fuel (free healthy snacks & drinks, Nutribullets for team smoothie making)
– Long Service Rewards – extra days leave & £1000
– Mental Health First Aiders
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Access to our new online Mental Health Gym
About the role:
The Principal Engineer for SDWAN & Security is an exciting one-off opportunity to join our successful ISP, with a reputation for disruption in our market at the point, at an early stage in the development and rolling out of our Security and sdwan product portfolio. You’ll bring you’re knowledge to date and be able to have a huge influence of how we structure and deliver our services within sdwan and security – an area of real focus for us as a business. This is a highly visible role which wil have a big impact on our future success in this space!
Key responsibilities of the Principal Engineer SDWAN & Security:
– Act as Virtual1’s technical SME for all aspects of Security & SD WAN.
– Determine best practice for build standards of customers solutions across the security and SD WAN portfolio
– Maximise automation potential of standard build templates across the portfolio, ensuring efficiency of build process
– Assist Pre sales with the development of high and low level design documentation standards
– Structure ‘’acceptance to operations’’ documentation criteria of handover from pre sales of high and low level design enabling build
– Develop proof of concept & post build testing criteria for handover in to live service & support
– Support Virtual1 staff that are training on NSE4/5/7/SDWAN with expediting skills and business readiness, support internal teams as security principal
-Accountable for the successful technical deployment of security solution delivery, utilising resource in the build (EI) teams
– Work with the product team/manager on development of new technical process to enable build / support of new features or services
– Model the build effort across different solution types and factor in resource required to deploy at scale, professional services structure model.
-Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with vendor tech peers (Fortinet and Juniper), ensure one step ahead of developments and anything impacting service
What we are looking for in our Principal Engineer SDWAN & Security:
· Fortinet NSE 1-7 certifications
· Juniper SDWAN / CSO experience beneficial.
· Significant experience in designing, deploying & supporting complex security infrastructure
· Significant experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
· Strong understanding of DNS and NFS, SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
· Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Anti-Virus.
· Cisco/Juniper certifications preferred, level ‘x’.
· Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES
· Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
· Ability to coach and support others on their technical certification
· Education, GCSE (Maths/English/Sciences), 3 x A-Level’s or equivalent and university 2-1 or better preferred.
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become Virtual1’s Principal Engineer SDWAN & Security then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Virtual1 is committed to equality of opportunities for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or beliefs and marriage, and civil partnerships
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.co.uk.